Free wifi & free calls to US & Canada in Samana

Nickymjw1

the restaurante " el rinconcito view" where we will eat lunch on our day in Samana has free Wifi, so if you have a laptop you can connect and check your e-mail etc. They also have a computer there that can be used by the visitors if needed. That's definately much cheaper than the internet minutes they charges on board!

He also said you can make free calls to the US & Canada with their special Majic Jack telephone connection.

So while you are having lunch there you can call home.

Sounds great.

I am looking forward to eatting there, The have tipical Dominican food & also other dishes for those that like pizza & burgers :-)

Their restaurant received an honorable mention in Samana.net.

El Riconcito,

with tipical Dominican food and a few restaurants on the market with fresh fried fish or chicken.

shells-bar.jpg

It is somewhere behind the new shopping center el pueblecito I think.

I can write you a review when we come back, or you can ask Terry himself more questions @ toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

HOpe this helps. Just trying to give people options for Samana other than paying the expensive cruise excuirsion to Cayo Levantado.

Nicky

Ok, I was wrong, no burgers.

Here is are the directions:

To get to my restaurant you can take a $10 motoconcho ride from the boat dock. Just tell the driver that you want Rincocito View. If you write it out it might be better. If you are walking you go to the end of the multicolored shopping plaza. The last business is the BHD bank (Banco BHD). Across the street from the bank is my restaurant. Another land mark is that we are at the second round about in the main road coming from the boardwalk heading downtown. Walking will take 10 to 15 min from the dock.

We have typical Dominican Food but we speacialize in seafood and fish. Very fresh. At night we have pizza. We don't really have burgers and such, we try to stay with the local flavor.

These are the plans, but I might still change the small waterfall to visit the plantation on the mountain instead.

we are going to the small waterfall, his restaurant for lunch, and Cayenas del Mar beach for a few hours.

Since we have seen so many waterfalls over the years we might skip that and decide to go to the plantation instead and enjoy the wonderful view.

How far is the ride to the blow hole?

Nicky

Archived