RCCL Raising cruise prices??

Hi, I've been looking to tag a 4night Bahamas cruise onto my land based US vacation in Sept 2009.

The price of the cruise has been the same for months.

Only this week, when my plans firmed up could I actually book the cruise, I've found that RCCL have increased prices by approx. £50/person.

I know all about cruise prices fluctuating, currencies changing and about the global ecomony.

That aside, does anyone know if RCCL have a policy of raising prices 6-8 months before a cruise, just to drop them again in a "Sale"?

If they do, I'll wait. If not, then £50/person is not such a big deal, and I'll stump up with the cash.

Cheers

Dave

Odd that, we're sailing on Legend in June and were originally on deck 2 outside.

I went in to the TA to ask howmuch to go up a few decks. We're now on deck 6 outside for £100 less + refund on fuel duty.

That's probably where your £50pp increase has come from :-)

Hi,

Royal's prices seem to go up & down just like the stock market. Sometimes it's cheaper to go up a deck or 2 or change from an inside to a OV.

We usually book 6mos. to a year out. In the last year or so, we have had MANY price reductions including 2 on both legs of our April B2B.

In the US if you catch a price drop, Royal will honor the change. Not sure about any where else in the world.

Have a GREAT vacation & ENJOY your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Hi, I've been looking to tag a 4night Bahamas cruise onto my land based US vacation in Sept 2009.

The price of the cruise has been the same for months.

Only this week, when my plans firmed up could I actually book the cruise, I've found that RCCL have increased prices by approx. £50/person.

I know all about cruise prices fluctuating, currencies changing and about the global ecomony.

That aside, does anyone know if RCCL have a policy of raising prices 6-8 months before a cruise, just to drop them again in a "Sale"?

If they do, I'll wait. If not, then £50/person is not such a big deal, and I'll stump up with the cash.

Cheers

Dave

Why not book now and monitor the price. If it drops call RCCL (if you booked directly) and have your price adjusted. That is for real price drops only of course and not for special promos marked for new bookings only.

Thanks for the replies.

I'll keep monitoring the prices.

If they don't drop, i'll ask Cymro1953 for a contribution :-)

Sadly, in the UK, Travel Agents work in a completely different way to those in the States. Once a trip is booked, the price is set in concrete. If the price drops considerably, the only option is to cancel (and lose the deposit) and re-book.

Thanks for the replies.

Sadly, in the UK, Travel Agents work in a completely different way to those in the States. Once a trip is booked, the price is set in concrete. If the price drops considerably, the only option is to cancel (and lose the deposit) and re-book.

I know that TA´s in the UK are different than the US, but I also know that RCCL honors price drops in the UK now.

Thanks for the replies.

That really sucks!

Thanks for the replies.

If you push hard enough a UK TA will honour a price drop. Most of them don't even know about it. The price went down on our vision cruise (not much, just around £20pp but worth having). Having read on these boards about price drops, I went to see the TA who seemed to have very little time for me and was being almost rude in refusing to call RCI as she was POSITIVE we couldn't get the lower price. I insisted, and after speaking briefly with RCI she got us the price drop no problem. The TA was more than slightly embarrassed! That's £60 between the 3 of us so I'm glad we did it.

That was with a major high ctreet TA chain (and based in Southamtpon where I'm guessing they sell a lot of cruises). I was shocked that they didn't know about price drops, but even more shocked by the way we were treated, and will NOT be using them again!

Sorry for the rant, but basically, stand your ground and you will get any price drops in the UK :)

Thanks for the replies.

If you see a price drop on your sailing...with cabins available in the category you booked...you contact your TA and resquest price drop...if they say..nope we dont do that...you ask to speak to a supervisor and then request a conference call/three way call with RCCL UK and then if your price drop is not a special sale offer for new bookings only you will get your price drop.

1.9 Terms & conditions in UK brochure explains how we do get price drops.

Cheers

Dave

I've been saying this about RCCL and Celebrity for a few years now. You can almost tell the ones that will go on sale, because the prices go UP before the sale. They make up the lost profit before they put them on sale. Timing is the big question; keep an eye on it.

Hi,

Royal's prices seem to go up & down just like the stock market. Sometimes it's cheaper to go up a deck or 2 or change from an inside to a OV.

We usually book 6mos. to a year out. In the last year or so, we have had MANY price reductions including 2 on both legs of our April B2B.

In the US if you catch a price drop, Royal will honor the change. Not sure about any where else in the world.

Have a GREAT vacation & ENJOY your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Stock market prices go up???

Bill

Archived