NCL ...baby purees & food

seasideny

Thought I'd ask the experts. I've read a few pages of posts but I haven't found NCL specific info that is up to date. I'll be travelling with a 10 month old, 10 yr old and 16 yr old and dh (2 neighboring cabins). DD is eating both purees and a bit of table food. I'll be bringin a portable mill and some jars for ports but I still have some questions.

• Is yoghurt only available at breakfast? If we ask for it can we get it?
  • Have you seen Cheerios (I've read the room service menu and it isn't mentioned)
  • Do they puree on request in the dining rooms? specialty restaurants? buffets?
  • Is there any water on board that is safe for a baby without having to buy bottles?
  • Is there baby milk/formula available anywhere?
  • How many baby bottles do you think would fit in the cabin fridge at a time?
  • Can the cabin fridge freeze small packs to bring ashore with her food/bottles?

Thank you for your time and effort -any suggestions are appreciated.

You should notify the ship beforehand, if you need special foods. The water is fine for everyone---babies, too! They will puree foods--no problem.

When you call, tell them you need a fridge for bottles--some of the "cube" fridges (like dorm fridges) don't really get that cold...there are no freezers in them.

You need to bring everything you'll need for baby--they don't sell "baby" items (formula, diapers, etc....)

The best thing is to get the baby eating real foods (albeit, pureed) ASAP!

You don't say which ship you're on, but this was my experience on the Gem.

There's yogurt and Cherrios available at the buffet each morning. Just take a couple if you think you'll need it throughout the day. If you don't see Cheerios, look at the kids' buffet, or other areas - or you can ask a staff and they will track it down for you.

The water is safe, but we always bring our own, just because that's what they're used to. There's whole milk, but I assume that at 10 months your baby is still on formula, which they don't have.

The refridgerator is pretty big, but really no ability to freeze anything.

Your best bet is to bring everything that your baby needs...better to be safe than sorry. Have fun!

I'm trying to pack light and order as little as possible (from babies travel light to my hotel) - just thought I'd ask since I read so many different posts where parents have said they were able to meet the baby's needs on board and bring less.

Plus I don't want to buy too much and then have to rush off the boat to my plane lugging extra stuff. I'm sure my cabin steward doesn't need the baby supplies and I hate to throw things away!

My experience on the Pearl and Dawn:

1. I have never asked for yougourt specificly (DD is allergic to milk) but the waiter offered us mashed potatoes or mashed veggies that were not on the menu. I bet if you ask for yougourt they could get it for you.

2. Cheerios are at the Breakfast buffet in one serving boxes so you can take a few if you need them.

3. I did not ask them to Puree.. they offered "mashed" but for most 10 month olds I would assume mashed would be OK. Not sure if this would be offered in the buffet b/c we never ate there.

4. I gave my DD regular water off the ship at 6 and 7 months. We always drink the ship's water and have never had a problem.

5. There is no formula or other baby supplies available on board.

6. We could fit at least 4 bottles in our fridge. (this was an AB suite). We had to have them clear out the mini bar stuff first.

7. The fridge was not cold enough to freeze anything. I would consider using powdered formula and mixing it on the go.

Archived