Ready to sail to Cuba?

Denton_Geek

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/mar/08/cuba-obama-administration

I lived in Guantanamo as a teenager, and Cuba is a beautiful country. If travel restrictions are lifted, I wonder which cruise line will be the first to dock in Havanna.

The article linked above mentions the Summit of Americas meeting next month hosted by Trinidad and Tobago. Carnival Victory and Caribbean Princess have been chartered to provide additional accommodations for this event. Check out the prices! :eek:

http://fifthsummitoftheamericas.org/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=130&Itemid=101

I do not think the ports they would go go would have a pier, so they would have to tender. I am sure that there would be tenders rushing to Cuba when it opens...

I'd be on a ship that docks at Cuba!! Then again, I can go anytime since I am Canadian!

Since cruise ships call on Havana now, you must be asking which cruise line that sails from the USA will be first. You should know that Fidel Castro isn't a fan of the cruise industry and has stated that he sees the mega-ships as littering the Caribbean. Even with a thaw in US-Cuban relations I doubt any lines will call on Cuba in the near future.

Anyone interested in a cruise that stops in Cuba can check out the Fred Olsen cruise board right here on Cruise Critic. :) Fred Olsen ships have made calls in Cuba during the winter season for years. This season Boudicca, sailing from Barbados made several calls.

Since cruise ships call on Havana now, you must be asking which cruise line that sails from the USA will be first.

Indeed, the first that sails from America.

And I did read about how the number of cruise passengers dropped since Castro made those comments.

Archived