PLease help me decide...

letsgocruz1

Flying into MIA on a Sat afternoon for a Sunday cruise. Plane lands at 3:40, hopefully will be at our hotel by 5:00 or earlier. Traveling with dh and 2 kids, 12 and 8.

So, not a lot of time but enough to enjoy a great evening! I can't decide to stay downtown for convenience, Coral Gables/Coconut Grove just because I've read it's nice, or go on to South Beach because I've never been there and I think the kids may enjoy walking on the beach in the evening (or is that not a good idea).

What I have came up with so far is to stay downtown, run over to Bayside for some dinner and come back to the hotel and let the kids swim, then get a good nights rest.

Any suggestions? where to stay? What to do? I have tried priceline but nothing yet, I think its too early for the last of May. Easyclicktravel has the new Epic hotel for $129 for the 4 of us. Thanks for any help you may provide.

*should mention we are going back to Miami in Oct for one night pre-cruise. Going w/another couple so that may be a good time to try out SoBe?

if it were me,......i'd go for coconut grove...lots of places to eat there too!

IMO you're getting in kind of late to do/see much in SoBe, but that's just me....

we liked coconut grove....walkable...fun.....

OR...many people stay at the holiday inn across from bayside...that's another thougt. (i'm not a big bayside lover...just don't see the attraction...again, that's just me! kids may like bubba gumps or the hard rock though..)

if it were me,......i'd go for coconut grove...lots of places to eat there too!

IMO you're getting in kind of late to do/see much in SoBe, but that's just me....

we liked coconut grove....walkable...fun.....

OR...many people stay at the holiday inn across from bayside...that's another thougt. (i'm not a big bayside lover...just don't see the attraction...again, that's just me! kids may like bubba gumps or the hard rock though..)

Yeah I am not a Bayside fan either. I mean, its an okay place to kill a few hours but I don't see the appeal. I was just thinking of going there for dinner because I don't know where else to go :o I am looking at Coconut Grove, what type of food options are available, and which hotels are the nicest and in the best location? Thank you!

We stayed in Coconut Grove last March for one night pre-cruise. We were at the Residence Inn and it was a short walk to Cocowalk. There were a few different restaurants in Cocowalk, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. There are also stores and live music. It was a fun place.

The website for Cocowalk is www.cocowalk.net.

It was also very quiet around the hotel, and seemed very safe. We would stay there again.

Archived