How do I see QV enter Singapore?

firsttimewithcunard

We join the last 33 days of the World Cruise on 19 March but are in Singapore for a few days beforehand. I'd love to see the QV come into Singapore, never having seen a Cunard liner before.

Can anyone tell me whether there is some vantage point in Singapore where I'd be able to watch?

We join the last 33 days of the World Cruise on 19 March but are in Singapore for a few days beforehand. I'd love to see the QV come into Singapore, never having seen a Cunard liner before.

Can anyone tell me whether there is some vantage point in Singapore where I'd be able to watch?

Go to the pier?

Last year the QV was meant to dock at the cruise centre....which is at Sentosa. There are a few hotels around the area that would have had a view of her coming in...and the cable car to Sentosa would pass right above her, giving an amazing view.

Unfortunately., she wasnt able to dock there in 2008 after all because the Saga Rose had broken down and was unable to be moved from the berth and she was tied up at the container terminal. The container terminal was about a 20 minute bus ride and there was nothing out there and would have no vantage point. Hopefully you wont be as disappointed as we were and shell be back at the cruise terminal.

Id be interested to know where you end up boarding this year as we are doing the Sing - Souton again in 2010 and will try once again to watch her come in. It was the best sector of the WC...hope you enjoy it as much as we did....

Hi.

I believe that the QV would be docked at the container terminal. I checked the Singapore Cruise Centre website and they have the QV docking at Gateway - which is the container terminal.

Though I would like for the QV, and the QM2, to dock at the cruise terminal instead. Since that would make viewing the ships a lot of easier.

Archived