Hotel Needed

mom2boys97

I love Hilton, always treat me right and have never had a dirty room. I was trying to find one for you that had shuttle service to the port. Many Hiltons have shuttle service from the airports to the hotel. I am not sure if you are driving or flying but many of our airport hotels (Orlando)will let you park while you are flying.

You are cruising out of Long Beach, right. We have stayed at the Coast Long Beach and on the Queen Mary, both several times. These are the only 2 hotels close to the cruise terminal. I personally love the Queen Mary- some people hate it. I have taken the ghost tour & to me it is fascinating. The Coast I thought was also a great hotel. You can catch the PassPorter (their free bus in Long Beach) to take you downtown for dinner or whatever.

The rest of the hotels are across the bay. But I know many people stay there also. Just do a search for Long Beach hotels. Also, look in the West Coast Departure forum (further down the list on the 1st page of these boards.) People will tell you what hotels are good & which ones to stay away from.

The coast Long Beach is now the Hotel Maya. Many in my CC group are staying there in April...rate is good and location is great!

You do know that the new Hotel Maya is still under construction until July and doesn't have any kind of bar or restaurant on the premises. Maybe you're getting a good rate because of that. We stayed at the Coast 3 times and really liked it, but when I checked Hotel Maya for our Splendor cruise in October, found the rates to be lots higher than the Coast and not sure if they have a 'Snooze and Cruise and Park' package or not. We'll probably stay across the river this time.

Here is the link to the West Coast Departure forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=413

You should post this question there - you will get excellent advice from locals. Look for posts and threads by Curt Jerome Wild in particular. Here are some examples to get you started:

1 - The Hyatt Long Beach (report by Curt)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=604242

2 - The Marriott Courtyard

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=941607

Also - an update on the renovation of the Coast Hotel - which will, as has already been stated, reopen as the Hotel Maya

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=934149

See you over in the West Coast area!

Have an awesome cruise,

Alice

You do know that the new Hotel Maya is still under construction until July and doesn't have any kind of bar or restaurant on the premises. Maybe you're getting a good rate because of that. We stayed at the Coast 3 times and really liked it, but when I checked Hotel Maya for our Splendor cruise in October, found the rates to be lots higher than the Coast and not sure if they have a 'Snooze and Cruise and Park' package or not. We'll probably stay across the river this time.

Yes, I am aware, thanks...you are right. Probably why we got pretty good rates!

I am looking for a hotel for my Oct cruise on the Splendor. We are arriving the night of the 24th and want to get a hotel room but not sure where and what would be a good one, any suggestions??????

We sailed on the Princess Sapphire in November. We bid on Priceline and ended up with the Westin for about $80. I would highly recommend it. We had a rental car and was able to drop it off about 1 miles from the San Pedro port and then they transported my husband to the port. Worked out great. If you end up in Long Beach to stay I can recommend a great little cafe for breakfast. It's call the Long Beach Cafe and is within walking distance of most hotels in that area. Their webpage is http://www.longbeachcafe.com. I'm sure they'll have their menu posted. Their prices were very, very reasonable. The local shuttle in Long Beach also services all of the local sites (aquarium, Queen Mary, shopping, etc) FREE of charge.

Okay,

I see this thread got moved to the right forum.;)

Now all we need is for Curt Jerome Wild to find it..........:D

Oh Curt.....Where art thou???:p

Your subjects need you.....:D:p:D

I am looking for a hotel for my Oct cruise on the Splendor. We are arriving the night of the 24th and want to get a hotel room but not sure where and what would be a good one, any suggestions??????

I see that some options have already been presented, but it totally depends on your budget, and how early or late you are getting in...

I'm also thinking of the kids, and you want something with possibly a few interesting things nearby (which not all the hotels have).

If you aren't just getting in so late that you are all going right to sleep, then directly to the port in the morning - it would not be incredibly fun for your kids to be stuck in one of the "businessman" hotels.

A little more info on what you are looking for, and I can direct you to the options and hotels that are the best fit for your particular family.

We are looking for a hotel for one night prior to our Splendor Cruise in May. We are flying into LAX on Sat afternoon and board on Sunday morning. We would like something around $130 and would prefer to have access to restaurant and bar. We aren't going to rent a car so close to the port would be good. Any thoughts? (Adult couples, no kids this trip.)

Archived