Sea-tac to vancouver, bc

KAYEF

I'm sure this is on here somewhere but I've not been "on" for several months. I see there is GotoBus and also Quick Shuttle from the Seattle Airport to Vancouver, BC. Their prices are similar.

Does anyone have a recommendation or something to say about either? It's the "bus way" to get to Vancouver for a cruise, of course..........don't want to fly.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks..................:confused:

We bought our bus transfers from Seattle to Vancouver through Princess cruise line. We live in Washington so we didn't have airfare into Seattle. It was a nice ride up and a breeze through the border and at check in for the cruise. donna

Are you stuck on the bus? Why not consider the Amtrak Cascades? The train departs early in the morning and gets you into Vancouver with plenty of time to make a cruise that day and you don't have to deal with any possible hassles at the border like the buses.

I'm sure this is on here somewhere but I've not been "on" for several months. I see there is GotoBus and also Quick Shuttle from the Seattle Airport to Vancouver, BC. Their prices are similar.

Does anyone have a recommendation or something to say about either? It's the "bus way" to get to Vancouver for a cruise, of course..........don't want to fly.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks..................:confused:

I have no knowledge of GotoBus but Quick Shuttle has a very good reputation. Amtrak is definitely an excellent alternative and indeed the favourite of many cruisers...the problem is there curently only the one departure in either direction each day.

We did the Amtrack last September and it was a great trip.

We were on a repositioning so flew to Seattle and stayed a night, Amtrack the next morning, cruise and flew back from San Francisco.

If it works out time wise for you I would highly recommend the Amtrack.

Charlie

Amtrak's Cascades is a wonderful trip. I have taken it twice in the last 4 years and found the views to be magnificent as you are running along the coast most of the way. Departure is 0740 AM from Seattle and takes about 4 hours to Vancouver, at a cost of $30US each. You can have breakfast/lunch aboard in the cafe car. Sit on the left side of the train to see the best views, request this at the station when getting tickets. You are pre-screened at the train station so the border crossing is a breeze. The bus is quicker by 30 minutes or so and more reliable but you'll only see interstate traffic and little of the coast. The port is a 7-10 minute cab ride from the train station.

Enjoy your voyage

The port is a 7-10 minute cab ride from the train station.

If the ship is docked at Canada Place, then they can take the Sky train to the ship. It is also an adventure. The sky train station is just to the left of the Amtrak station. There is an elevator to take you up to the platform. You will need to exchange some money so that you will have the right money for the fare.

Archived