Vancouver, BC hotel advice, please

KAYEF

A couple of years ago we stayed in the Marriott right by Canada Place and it was wonderful, we just walked to the ship in the morning, but with all the taxes and fees it was almost $300.

I'd like to find a place near Canada Place that's less expensive ......... I know there's a Day's Inn but am leery of that old building...........does anyone have a good suggestion? It's my sister-in-law's first cruise and I'd like it to get off to a nice start.

Have you checked out the Pan Pacific Hotel which is right at the cruise port and the Fairmont Waterfront which is directly across from the Pan Pacific? Both hotels are highly-rated but I don't know what the rates are. They are the closest you'll get to the cruise port. I happen to work right in the area. Good Luck.

If you check out the West Coast Destinations board or the Alaska board you will get a great deal of information about YVR hotels. Have you checked the rates yet for the Marriott or the Renaissance just across the street?

We agree about the Marriott. It is in a great location and we have stayed there a couple of times.

We have also stayed in Richmond near the airport. You have quite a number of choices there and most of the hotels are newer. If you are only coming into Vancouver to catch the ship you will find more economical lodging there. Most of the hotels also have shuttles to the airport. The cab rates to the piers are about the same from the airport or Richmond.

Have a great cruise.

A couple of years ago we stayed in the Marriott right by Canada Place and it was wonderful, we just walked to the ship in the morning, but with all the taxes and fees it was almost $300.

I'd like to find a place near Canada Place that's less expensive ......... I know there's a Day's Inn but am leery of that old building...........does anyone have a good suggestion? It's my sister-in-law's first cruise and I'd like it to get off to a nice start.

That is a huge number and for those kind of dollars you can stay at the Pan Pacific or Fairmont's Waterfront Hotel...however even at that price it would keep me up at night. Just this evening someone posted that they got the Westin Bayshore for $106 on Priceline...sure it may cost them a $15 cab fare to the pier if they can't convince the hotel to shuttle them but....:D We have also seen good rates at the Hyatt Regency and the Sutton Place Hotel on Priceline and Hotwire....there is no reason to have to pay more than $150 pn this year.;)

We stayed at the Blue Horizon in Sept of 2007. It's definitely not walkable with luggage, but we caught a taxi to Canada Place. This year, there should be some good deals out there - the trick is finding them and the timing matching up to your needs.

Archived