What will replace the Fantasy Class when the time comes?

Well, in my other recent thread, someone mentioned the issue of when the Fantasy Class is retired, what will replace them? In many of the smaller ports that see Fantasy Class ships, it would not be possible to use the huge Post-Panamax ships due to size limitations.

While I know the Fantasy Class won't be retired in the short term as they are getting the Evolutions of Fun upgrades, I was actually wondering what will be their eventual replacements. As for what is replacing the Holiday Class, they don't really have a replacement since the Fantasy Class ships are easily capable of using these smaller ports and going under bridges.

So, what would be an ideal replacement for the Fantasy Class? I personally would make an evolution of the Spirit Class with an extra deck and new amenities (such as spa staterooms). The ships would be a long-and-thin Panamax design, which would still be an upgrade in size over the Fantasy Class and would even be a bit larger than the Spirit Class due to the added deck, but would still be small enough to use these smaller ports where Post-Panamax ships cannot be used. And of course, I would keep the efficient interior layout of the Spirit Class with no split decks.

Does anyone have their own thoughts? After all, when Carnival ordered the Spirit Class, they went down in size from the Destiny/Triumph Class, despite that the Spirit Class ships are newer.

If you add a deck to Spirit Class they will not be able to port in Tampa, Jacksonville or Baltimore.......:rolleyes:

Have you ever sailed on any other ship that the Spirit Class ????

With this economy, I would bet that once the ships under contract come out that they dont build them in the future as fast. Many ships are still serviceable for 20 years or more. RCL just retired a 20 year old ship. The Fantasy class are not even close to being old enough to retire. Holiday is not a Fantasy class ship, it lacks the atrium and is smaller.

I think they will not replace them for at least the next 10 years is my guess.

Archived