Speedos, yes or no?

eXCell2nd

Sorry but they do not look good on any man , thin or not , the ones with the belly hanging over just look worst, please be nice to others and wear it in your cabin for a private viewing with your girfriend . Have a great cruise .

It is crazy to think that a women can wear bikinis but men can't wear speedos without ridicule. Also, heavy women can't wear bikinis without the dirty looks and comments however no one comments on an out of shape man going shirtless when in reality its the same thing. :mad:

It is crazy to think that a women can wear bikinis but men can't wear speedos without ridicule. Also, heavy women can't wear bikinis without the dirty looks and comments however no one comments on an out of shape man going shirtless when in reality its the same thing. :mad:

Because men don't care, and most women have more class and better manners than many/most men.

Guest TropicOne
Because men don't care, and most women have more class and better manners than many/most men.

A> some/many men do care.

B> decades of life has taught me that no one gender,as a whole, has more class and better manners than the other.

• 9 months later...
Oh, don't...even if you have the body for it---save it for the beach! They aren't a flattering look on any man.

Wellllll, I disagree.

If you are trim, well built, nothing hangs over the top of your suit - nor from the leg openings....have at it.

Who cares.

It's your preference.....your choice.

I'd rather see a man in a speedo than see women who flounce around intheir low cut jeans with flub hanging over the top or rolls under their bra line...or silly women who don't realize there is a time when a bikini must be put aside.....

If you do not like speedo type swim wear on men particularly older men, then I would suggest you not go to Europe, South America and a lot of other places. They wear them there. If someone wants to wear a correct fitting speedo type suit, it is fine with me. I wear them at times and I celebrated my 21st birthday several decades ago.

Now my pet peeve is overweight women who are older and definitely obese running around the pool area in a female one piece swim suit with all their flab hanging out and their very large caboose. That is what makes me want to scream no.

So my girlfriend and I are about to go on our first cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy leaving March 21st and I'm debating whether or not to wear a speedo. Seeing as how most American men wear swim trunks instead of speedos, I'm just trying to figure out if I would look too out of place wearing one. Thanks in advance!

Out of place! Guys still wear those? :eek:

Unless you are Michael Phelps or will be swimming laps (in the very tiny pools!) leave the speedo at home. Even a very fit guy looks better in board shorts than grape smugglers. (I have two club swimming teenage boys so I know what I speak of!)

At your age and with what sound like a good body - why not? You're on vacation, after all. You would see more Speedos on a European holiday, however - You can't keep a Frenchman away from his Speedos and you could always talk with ze French accent, non??

Ok, picture this. Close your eyes and try to visualize.

A 58 year old man, thinning hair slicked back like Pierce Brosnan or possibly Bruce Willis.

6' 250# in a little bright red speedo shaded by 20 pounds of flabby fishbelly white skin.

That's me. Kinda takes your breath away, doesn't it?:D

I've seen some pretty raunchy looking swim suits on some of the ladies but I have managed to keep them at bay with my Speedo.

Archived