Dressing for Carnival Excursions

It depends on the type of excursion you are doing. I normally wear my swimsuit under my shorts and t shirt unless I will be doing alot of walking before the beach portion. Many of the all inclusive or beach excursions have changing facilities. Be comfortable and be sure to wear sunscreen! Some really severe sunburns have been acquired in port.

Excursions we've booked are tour type - in a bus, one air conditioned and one open style; both include beach time, only a little bit of shopping for walking.

You should be fine to wear your swimsuit under your shorts. Just make sure you flip flops don't rub a blister.:eek:

OK - probably a dumb question, but here it goes - When reading about excursions, it is recommended to wear swimsuit underneath clothing - will a swimsuit and dress style coverup with flip flops be appropriate?

What did you wear on excursions on your previous cruises ?

Sounds like what you would wear to go to your neighborhood pool or beach.

Is you excursion a water excursion ? If so, what else might you wear other than shorts and a top over suit. Your choice, isn't it.

Instead of flip flops we wear water/hiking sandals. (not water shoes) They are cool, comfortable, and great for walking anywhere. Have worn them climbing Dunn's river falls, on catamarrans, or just to walk around. Wore them on dune buggy excursions, too. They don't slip on wet surfaces. Can get them at any sports store - we paid about $30 for Nike ones - have lasted years and years. Otherside, we wear our bathing suits under our tank tops/shorts. Are then good to go!

Archived