Wash Cloths on the Coral

NLRetired

If it bothers you that much...bring your own as it won't take up much luggage space. You can roll it up and pack it in a shoe and doesn't add much weight for the airlines to weigh.

Mind you if that silly thin facecloth put you over the magical airline baggage limit, then that becomes a damned expensive facecloth for the overweight baggage charges :D .

It will depend I suppose on how quickly your stateroom steward can run down six decks, go through over 10,000 facecloths and find the ones just right...reminds me of Goldilocks and the three bears!!!

Ciao for now!!!

Ciao for now!!!

What's trivial to you may not be trivial to others. The reason new cruisers come to these boards is that they have questions and concerns. I hate to see anyone chased away because they feel their questions are trivial.

I have very sensitive skin so I buy a big package of cheap washcloths that I wash several times at home before my trip. Since they're cheap, they're nice and thin. I use them for a couple of days and throw them out. Sometimes the steward will take them out of the waste basket and put them back on the rack so you may have to tell him that you really intended to toss them!

Are these thick or more thin? I HATE the thick ones!

Thanks

I have to admit, after years of reading some really 'different' passenger needs on Princess ships, this is by far the most 'different'.

All I can tell you is that if there is anything you MUST have onboard, always bring it yourself, don't depend on the ship supplying it. :) :) Enjoy!

geez, ease up! We're going on our first cruise. I just asked a simple question, which no one answered, by the way. Yes, I know I can bring my own. Other than FritzG, do the rest of you represent the type of passenger we can expect to find on our cruise? I certainly hope not.

There was no need to jump all over the OP! What seems silly to you is not silly to them. Aren't we all here to help one another? Lighten up.

I wish I could remember how thick the washcloth was but I can't. I don't remember it being overly thin though.

I am not sure anyone was really being nasty to you, and I suspect that no one could really answer the question because they don't know what you meant by "thick" or "thin".....and all I recall, like in many hotels, is that the newer ones seem to be thicker than the older ones, much like the towels.

I am not sure anyone was really being nasty to you, and I suspect that no one could really answer the question because they don't know what you meant by "thick" or "thin".....and all I recall, like in many hotels, is that the newer ones seem to be thicker than the older ones, much like the towels.

And this also depends on the stateroom category. Full suites have even thicker ones, but what is considered 'thin'. Thin as in the ones you buy in a 12 pack for $1 at the dollar general, or thin as in thinner ones puchased at a discount store?

I think they are fairly thin like the white ones you buy in bulk at Costco. They aren't thick like the ones that you buy in towel sets. The towels are also fairly thin and small. But then I use a thick bath sheet at home. Now if you are in a suite or even a minisuite all the linens are nicer.

BTW, if something is a concern to you then your question isn't "stupid" or "trivial".

Archived