College girls, where should they go?

jblair

My daughter and 7 of her college friends will be in port (Ocho Rios) next week on the Celebrity Century. They would like a SAFE but fun environment. I do not think they should venture far from the ship.

I know there is Margaritaville right off the ship, maybe that is where they should go, however the last time we were in port and went there, they went down to the little strip of beach behind the restaurant and someone shoved a bag of cocaine down her swimsuit top, and that is no lie! The 'security' did nothing, and laughed it off. It was quite disturbing to say the least.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Houston-That isn't a bad idea. How are you getting there, and what does it cost for transportation? Also, do you have to book the day pass in advance? I will mention that to my daughter. They might think it's a bit 'pricey' for college students, but I realize it is a very good value overall.

I thought Sandals was a 'couples only' resort.

Thanks!

I was told that you just show up and pay at SDR front desk.

There are 4 of us and we are going to take a cab ... Will haggle about cost?

Here's link to SDR ... looks great .. Our 2 children who both go to The Univ of Tennessee picked this out for what to do in Ocho.

Weather permitting it will be a relaxing/fun day at the beach

http://www.sandals.com/main/dunns/dr-home.cfm

As the mom of a college age girl, tell them to park their butts on the ship and enjoy a day by the pool! Hubby and I were on Ruby in OR in January and while we never felt unsafe, we both commented to each other that we would not want our daughter there. The intense pressure from the locals on all topics is just difficult.

I totally agree! I think they might just go to Margaritaville right at the ship and that's all. They are not going to venture out.........way too dangerous!

They are leaving today!

My husband and I are going to Montego Bay, and I hadn't planned on going on any of the shore excursions that left that area. I'm concerned that I'll be hassled alot while we're there because I was hassled in the Bahamas and Cozumel on my last cruise.

There's a Sandals shore excursion in Montego Bay, but it's $119 pp and for only 4 hours. Does anyone know if there is something similar to the one at Sandals Dunns River or do I have to book through Carnival? Or is there a better option for us? I don't want to miss out on Jamaica, but I don't want to really see everything. I just want to go to the beach and feel safe.

My husband and I are going to Montego Bay, and I hadn't planned on going on any of the shore excursions that left that area. I'm concerned that I'll be hassled alot while we're there because I was hassled in the Bahamas and Cozumel on my last cruise.

There's a Sandals shore excursion in Montego Bay, but it's $119 pp and for only 4 hours. Does anyone know if there is something similar to the one at Sandals Dunns River or do I have to book through Carnival? Or is there a better option for us? I don't want to miss out on Jamaica, but I don't want to really see everything. I just want to go to the beach and feel safe.

Jess-Look at the posts above yours. There is a Sandal's at Dunn's River Falls which is much closer and very 'doable' in the time that you have.

Jess-Look at the posts above yours. There is a Sandal's at Dunn's River Falls which is much closer and very 'doable' in the time that you have.

That's what I was asking about. Sandals' at Dunn's River Falls is in Ochos Rios. We're going to Montego Bay, but the Carnival shore excursion to Sandals Montego Bay costs $119 pp for 5 hours (including travel time to the resort). I was wondering if all Sandals' have something similar to the $85 pp mentioned in the third post in this thread. $119 seems a bit much, and from what I've heard you're only there for about 4 hours.

My daughter and 7 of her college friends will be in port (Ocho Rios) next week on the Celebrity Century. They would like a SAFE but fun environment. I do not think they should venture far from the ship.

I know there is Margaritaville right off the ship, maybe that is where they should go, however the last time we were in port and went there, they went down to the little strip of beach behind the restaurant and someone shoved a bag of cocaine down her swimsuit top, and that is no lie! The 'security' did nothing, and laughed it off. It was quite disturbing to say the least.

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Ship tour of Dunn's River Falls & Bamboo Beach Club....absolutely no worries and all the food/drink they can consume. Excursion is 5 1/2 hours!!

Archived