Family of 5 transferring from FLL to Miami?

happygal74

Hi everyone,

I am so happy to have found this forum, I have already gotten tons of great tips and advice...but have a question.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and spending the night at the airport Ramada. The next day we cruise out of Miami. We have 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant in our group. Trying to find the most cost efficient (yet doable with the aforementioned kids) way to get to port on Sunday and back the following Sunday. I contacted SAS and he quoted $15 each way for adults, $10 for the kids and $0 for the baby. So $100 roundtrip. Does this sound like the best deal or is there something else I should look at?

From what research i've done, that sounds like a pretty good deal.

We also have a family of 5, flying in to FLL the day before a cruise out of Miami. But since we are all considered adults, a transfer runs us $15 each (at least), so we've opted to rent a car. We're going with Alamo since we can rent it at FLL and return it to the Miami Airport office, and then they run a free shuttle to get us to the port.

Even with discount codes renting a car is going to run us about $20 more than what you're paying for the shuttle. But we get the added benefit of a little freedom to drive where we want the night before. That being said, we haven't tried this system out yet, so i don't know how efficient it will be, but we're hoping it will go smoothly. :)

Good Luck to you, with whatever you decide for your family!

• 2 weeks later...

We are a family of 5. I decided to rent a car. Got one for $45 including tax. I did look into limos, they are between $110-$150 including all fees, and the tip. If you are leaning toward the shuttle I'd spend a few dollars more and treat your family to a limo. I went to limos.com and got a few quotes.

Hi everyone,

I am so happy to have found this forum, I have already gotten tons of great tips and advice...but have a question.

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale and spending the night at the airport Ramada. The next day we cruise out of Miami. We have 2 adults, 2 kids and an infant in our group. Trying to find the most cost efficient (yet doable with the aforementioned kids) way to get to port on Sunday and back the following Sunday. I contacted SAS and he quoted $15 each way for adults, $10 for the kids and $0 for the baby. So $100 roundtrip. Does this sound like the best deal or is there something else I should look at?

$100 round trip is a really good price considering a rental car each way total would only be $20-$30 less and you don't have to deal with the hassle of driving in an unknown location.

I would however pick different accommodations. That isn't a good hotel and Ramadas as a rule are pretty horrible in South Florida. I don't care how cheap it is, it isn't worth the price. The front desk clerk was shot at either that Ramada or the one a couple of miles from there a year or so ago.

We have stayed at the comfort suites on ferderal hwy numerous times in the past, they used to have a "free" shuttle to miami, but I just called and they stated it would be 80.00 now... I forgot to ask how many it holds. There are 4 of us now, so will be looking to find some to share if possible. I called SAS tonight and the guy answering the phone said he was just "answering" the phone and could not give me any information and advised me to email the request...so I did.... Service????? We still have about two months...but have been trying to find a hotel south of Lauderdale which would have a airport shuttle from FLL, and then we could be closer and maybe cab it...Help....from anyone...

We have stayed at the comfort suites on ferderal hwy numerous times in the past, they used to have a "free" shuttle to miami, but I just called and they stated it would be 80.00 now... I forgot to ask how many it holds. There are 4 of us now, so will be looking to find some to share if possible. I called SAS tonight and the guy answering the phone said he was just "answering" the phone and could not give me any information and advised me to email the request...so I did.... Service????? We still have about two months...but have been trying to find a hotel south of Lauderdale which would have a airport shuttle from FLL, and then we could be closer and maybe cab it...Help....from anyone...

I'm staying at the Hampton Inn on Stirling. They have a free shuttle from FLL and SAS quoted me a cost of $15 each for the adults and $12 for my son to go to POM. Same cost to pick us up and take us back to FLL when we return.

Archived