Cat 11

ritarussell

Can someone tell me about the Cat 11 suites on the spirit class? I've only seen them on the Fantasy class and would like to know if it is worth the extra $$. I'm trying to decide between the balcony and the cat 11. The cat 12 is not available. Thanks!!!

Whether or not they are worth it depends on many things. If you want a huge balcony go for the corner aft suites with the wrap around balconies. If none of them are available and you still want a suite go for the ones mid ship. Stay away from the aft ones that are right next to the corner ones with the wrap around balcony. The cabins themselves are fine but they have smaller balconies. The ones one deck 4 are really small. We had 6258 (right next to a corner one) on the Pride. We were thrilled with it because it was a free upgrade for us but had we paid for a cat. 11 cabin we would have wanted a bigger balcony, especially since there were 4 of us in the suite. The reason they are smaller is because they are not extended balconies like the mid ship ones. They are only 4' deep versus 6' deep. The ones one deck 4 are also only 4'' deep but they are also shorter because of a crew staircase located next to them. Plus, because of the staircase they lack privacy.

As far as the cabins themselves, the extra space is nice. We really appreciated it since there were 4 of us in the cabin but the last time we cruised with our kids we decided to get them their own cabin so we took a standard balcony and they had an inside cabin right across the hall. When my husband and I cruise by ourselves we get a standard balcony. To me it's not worth it to pay for a suite because the standard balconies are more than roomy enough for 2 people.

The ones one deck 4 are also only 4'' deep but they are also shorter because of a crew staircase located next to them. .

Oops! Just re-read my own post. I'm sure you realize that I meant 4 feet deep, not 4 inches. :o

Whether or not they are worth it depends on many things. If you want a huge balcony go for the corner aft suites with the wrap around balconies. If none of them are available and you still want a suite go for the ones mid ship. Stay away from the aft ones that are right next to the corner ones with the wrap around balcony. The cabins themselves are fine but they have smaller balconies. The ones one deck 4 are really small. We had 6258 (right next to a corner one) on the Pride. We were thrilled with it because it was a free upgrade for us but had we paid for a cat. 11 cabin we would have wanted a bigger balcony, especially since there were 4 of us in the suite. The reason they are smaller is because they are not extended balconies like the mid ship ones. They are only 4' deep versus 6' deep. The ones one deck 4 are also only 4'' deep but they are also shorter because of a crew staircase located next to them. Plus, because of the staircase they lack privacy.

As far as the cabins themselves, the extra space is nice. We really appreciated it since there were 4 of us in the cabin but the last time we cruised with our kids we decided to get them their own cabin so we took a standard balcony and they had an inside cabin right across the hall. When my husband and I cruise by ourselves we get a standard balcony. To me it's not worth it to pay for a suite because the standard balconies are more than roomy enough for 2 people.

How old were your kids when they had their own cabin? I'm cruising with two daughters 15 & 17:eek: and I couldn't get them their own room because they are under 21!! Just curious.

My DH and I were in an aft wrap cat 11 suite on the Miracle - cabin 4228 on the main deck. The balcony was huge and partially covered so we had both sun and shade. The main deck is the only deck with partially covered aft balconies. It was great to be able to look back. We enjoyed seeing the wake and found it soothing.

The suite was 3 rooms - living room, bedroom and dressing room. The bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and there was also a walk in closet.

If you go for a cat 11 aft wrap suite on the Spirit class ships keep in mind that deck 5 aft suites (Upper deck) only have 1 large room, not 3 rooms. All the other cat 11 aft wrap suites are 3 rooms.

Balcony rooms are nice, too. It depends on how much money you want to spend.

How old were your kids when they had their own cabin? I'm cruising with two daughters 15 & 17:eek: and I couldn't get them their own room because they are under 21!! Just curious.

If the kids room is directly across or next to your room they can have their own room.

We always split me and my DH up on paper. He is in one room and I'm in the other. Then when we get to the ship we have the Purser change our S&S cards and get extra keys.

Do you have another adult travelling with you who's name can be put on the kids cabin?

Do you have another adult travelling with you who's name can be put on the kids cabin?

Mine were also 15 and 17 and we were able to book them into their own cabin w/o an adult because they were directly across the hall from us. We booked that cruise thru a TA. From reading other peoples posts here about this same situation, it seems like not all PVP's or TA's are on the same page. Some will allow you to book kids into their own cabin as long as it's right next door or across the hall from the parents but others will tell you it's not allowed. It's also my understanding that if you have to book an adult in each cabin that it's no big deal to have things switched around at the pursers desk once you board. It would be simpler tho if you didn't have to do this tho so I would call you TA or PVP and ask him/her again. If it's a TA, have him/her call Carnival. If it's a PVP and he/she still says it's not allowed, ask for a supervisor.

Just put down on paper that your husband is in another room with one of your kids. Won't matter. Also I noticed a post the other day that someone had a balcony cabin with an inside connecting room. Perfect for a family situation. Not sure what ship that was on though.

I always get my daughters their own inside cabin and a balcony across for my husband and I. One room is reserved under my name and the other one reserved under his name. It's that easy.

I have always had kids (when they were younger), grandkids, in their own rooms. Directly across the hall or next door and they will do it. If you can't get one in these locations put your husband and one child in a room and yourself and a child in the other. When you go to the Purser's the only thing you need to ask for is an additional key for each room (this card is only good for opening the door). There is no need to explain what your doing (putting kids in own room) they don't care who's in the room once you board.

Just put down on paper that your husband is in another room with one of your kids. Won't matter. Also I noticed a post the other day that someone had a balcony cabin with an inside connecting room. Perfect for a family situation. Not sure what ship that was on though.

I know the spirit class ships do, on the upper, empress and verandah deck, most specifically cabins up front of the ship (5106/5108, 5103/5105, 6106/6112, 6109/6115, 7106/7108 and 7105/7107).

They are connecting rooms with an inside and a balcony. Extremely popular and very hard to book. They are perfect for families but they are in the front of the ship.

Can someone tell me about the Cat 11 suites on the spirit class? I've only seen them on the Fantasy class and would like to know if it is worth the extra $$. I'm trying to decide between the balcony and the cat 11. The cat 12 is not available. Thanks!!!

If it helps here are the sizes. On the Fantasy class you are looking at 220 sq ft for a cat 11 and on a Spirit class you are looking at 275 sq ft for a regular cat 11 and 245 sq ft for a wrap cabin. The 2 big draws for the wraps is the huge 220 sq ft balcony and the cabins on 4,6,7,8 are divided into 3 rooms.

I just got a Category 11 on Carnival Freedom. We loved it. Balcony was great. Tub was nice and Dressing Room was nice to get dressed in. We went a few years ago on Glory. My sister her husband and kids were across the hall. I should say my sisters kids were across the hall. My sister was next to me. Her kids were 8 10 and 12. They were fine. We were directly across from them. We enjoyed having a few rooms. I would take the Cat 11 anyday.

I always get my daughters their own inside cabin and a balcony across for my husband and I. One room is reserved under my name and the other one reserved under his name. It's that easy.

This post is to all that responded to me...Thank you! Now, I don't have a husband...but I do have an ex-wife!! And I'm not gay (not that there's anything wrong with that----Seinfeld!). Anyway, I was told by Carnival & TA that my girls could only have their own cabin if it was adjoining to mine, or had a common balcony. That's why I got a Cat.11 for our Freedom cruise. Believe me, a dad with two girls 15 & 17:eek: would be better off in his own room....for many reasons (I wanna join the balcony club!!!)

Now this new information is killing me...what to do, what to do??

We always book our sons in their own room. We even booked our four year old in a room by himself once; but just for booking purposes. He didn't actually stay in the room by himself. :eek:

We always book our sons in their own room. We even booked our four year old in a room by himself once; but just for booking purposes. He didn't actually stay in the room by himself. :eek:

Yea..sure;)

The jacuzzis are in all suites, Cat 11 and 12.

As for movement, that depends on the person. I was in the Navy for a long time and hardly notice the ship moving. Some people get sick next to the pier.

My last cruise we went through a hurricane, my head came up off the pillow every time the ship hit a swell, I slept through it. LOL

There is slightly more movement fore and aft, but how much it bothers you is really only something you can attest to.

Dennis

I didn't notice a difference in the movement of the ship. We loved being in the back. When we were on the balcony it was a little noisier due to the wake, but it was kind of soothing, too.

I think that balconies & "soothing" go hand-in-hand.

Hubby and I had an aft wrap balcony cat 11 last November and rebooked the same ship (Legend) and same room for Nov 09 about a week after we got home. Loved it. Just booked my daughter, my grandson and her boyfriend in a inside cabin about 5 doors down this past weekend. The extra space was great in the aft wrap room and as I was initially concerned about the motion didn't notice any difference from previous cruises with different locations. The price for the aft wrap was $2600.00 for 2 not including tax, insurance etc and $1,200.00 not including tax, insurance etc for 3 for the inside cabin. Room and balcony in aft room was so roomy that didn't consider upgrading their room. They'll be on our balcony most of the time anyway.

Archived