airport transfers

montrealmaria

Hi,

We are a family of 5. My husband and our 3 teenage sons,

On July 7th we will be sailing with RCI - Legend for the eastern Europpean cruise. We have organized our own flights from Montreal. We are arriving in Ciampino, Rome airport the day before. The transfer to the port is $185 per person roundtrip if I take it with RCI. I find this way to expensive. Do you recommend another means for us to get us from the airport Ciampino to our hotel and the next day our hotel to the port. Then on the return from the port to the airport in Fiumicini. Am I better off renting a car to transport the whole family?

Any advise is appreciated,

Maria

Ciampino is the secondary airport for Rome used mainly by charters and low cost carriers. As such, transportation options are more limited than from the main airport.

There are several ways to get to the city. I'd suggest using the Terravision bus. It is reliable and drops you at Termini (the main train station). From there you can take a cab, city bus, metro or walk -- depending on where your hotel happens to be.

There is express train service from Termini to Civitavecchia which is the port of Rome.

Of course, you can take a taxi or private car service from the airport to your hotel and/or to the port. It will be expensive (particularly to the port) but still considerably less than what your cruise line wants.

You really do NOT want to drive from the airport to the city.

Archived