Ideas for just a couple hours in Cayman

kermiefrg

We will be stopping in Cayman on my birthday so I'd like to plan a fun day. I have a dolphin swim scheduled through Celebrity, but that will only go until about 11:30 or noon and the ship doesn't depart until 5:00. I'm just looking for something fun to do for a couple hours.

I have no idea where the dolphin swim is, so it's hard to figure out what would be close by. I was thinking about maybe some shopping and a quick lunch or I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks!

We will be stopping in Cayman on my birthday so I'd like to plan a fun day. I have a dolphin swim scheduled through Celebrity, but that will only go until about 11:30 or noon and the ship doesn't depart until 5:00. I'm just looking for something fun to do for a couple hours.

I have no idea where the dolphin swim is, so it's hard to figure out what would be close by. I was thinking about maybe some shopping and a quick lunch or I'm open to other ideas.

Thanks!

Do you know the name of the dolphinn swim company?

Our GC day is my daughter's birthday. We are on the cruise for her birthday. She wanted to do the dolphin swim as her birthday gift. There are two dolphin swim places on GC. I have not been able to read reviews about either one of them on any of the message boards. I am trying to book with the most reputable place with good reviews. If your cruise line is using them, it must be good. Our cruise line books dolphin swims on Cozumel, not GC. My daughter wants to do it on her real birthday, not in Cozumel.

I would appreciate any information you can give me about your dolphin place. When is your cruise? We go in September, so if you go before us, can you give me a review?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

I can definitely give you a review once I've gone in April!

From what I've read on this board, there are 2 companies that do dolphin swims in GC - Dolphin discovery and Dolphin cove. Any other company you book with is just booking with one of them and charging a fee for their services. So your best bet would be to go with one of those or with your cruise line. I'm on Celebrity and they offered a few different swims, so I felt better about booking with them since they can't leave without me and the price is the same as with an outside company.

GL and I hope your daughter enjoys it!

I can definitely give you a review once I've gone in April!

From what I've read on this board, there are 2 companies that do dolphin swims in GC - Dolphin discovery and Dolphin cove. Any other company you book with is just booking with one of them and charging a fee for their services. So your best bet would be to go with one of those or with your cruise line. I'm on Celebrity and they offered a few different swims, so I felt better about booking with them since they can't leave without me and the price is the same as with an outside company.

GL and I hope your daughter enjoys it!

Yes, those are the two companies that I have found online, but I have not found anyone on the three message boards that I use that has used either of these companies in GC. I have found posters that have done it in other ports but not GC.

I will really appreciate your review in April!

Thank you so much!

There have been a few reviews here in this forum...search "dolphin" and you'll likely find the threads.

One of the reasons for the shortage of reviews is that the two companies have only been operating in Cayman for a few months... :D

There have been a few reviews here in this forum...search "dolphin" and you'll likely find the threads.

One of the reasons for the shortage of reviews is that the two companies have only been operating in Cayman for a few months... :D

Yes, I was told on a thread on a different forum to not expect reviews until the summer because both of the places just recently opened.....maybe in January (????)

I posted a thread on this board about a month ago asking for information, but I didn't get a reply.

I will search now and see if anything new comes up. We cruise later in the year so I am hoping for more reviews to come up.

Dolphin Discovery is a beautiful new facility. Right across the street is the new Turtle Farm. What an improvement it is! If you like turtles and want to learn about the conservation/breeding program this facility supports, this is the place for you.

Thanks!

If you're a beach person, definitely go to 7 miles beach. It's beautiful.

Archived