Dolphinaris in Cozumel- anyone booked this directly on your own?

triplefigs

instead of going through your cruise line? The Dolphinaris website has a section where it says cruise line passengers should book through their cruise, but it is much cheaper to book directly. Also, anyone know the refund policy if booked on own? I can't find it on their website. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

If you are talking about Dolphin Discovery, I booked my secretary through them online. I bought her and her son a Carnival Cruise as a production bonus.

There was a 30% discount off the "book price" of $103.00 (for the Swim Encounter). My total was around $74.00 and included The Dolphin Discovery Swim Adventure and admission to the Chankanaaab park. I was reluctant to use my credit card on the site since there were so many grammer and spelling errors.

I called the booking number and booked through the main office. I received a confirmation email and a call from my credit card's fraud department to make sure the charge was authorized. My secretary said she had no problems getting in and was the only one there. She said she got about 90 minutes with the dolphins.

I think the book price through Carnival was about $166.00, so the price was right and left money to buy the $65.00 DVD.

• 1 month later...
I'm really wanting to book direct too. There's a substantial price difference and I can book with an observer since hubby doesn't want to participate in the dolphin swim.

This is probably too late for your post but fyi for future cruisers--We went to Dolphinaris on Oct 13, 2009, on our own hoping to get a cheaper entry fee than what was quoted through Carnival. We were told you have to book through Carnival or through a travel agent. They don't take walk ins. I thought this was a little suspect, but we went ahead & paid anyway. So, there was no benefit in doing it on our own in Cozumel. When I got back home, I looked at the Dolpinaris website again. Where it had appeared before we left that you could book at around $80 ahead of time, I could see then that you can't book Cozumel ahead of time...only Cancun. We didn't really try to book online because we were afraid the port might get cancelled/changed or have other cancellation issues. It is a nice facility and we only had 5 in our group, so it was nice. Still, I was a little aggrevated.

This is probably too late for your post but fyi for future cruisers--We went to Dolphinaris on Oct 13, 2009, on our own hoping to get a cheaper entry fee than what was quoted through Carnival. We were told you have to book through Carnival or through a travel agent. They don't take walk ins. I thought this was a little suspect, but we went ahead & paid anyway. So, there was no benefit in doing it on our own in Cozumel. When I got back home, I looked at the Dolpinaris website again. Where it had appeared before we left that you could book at around $80 ahead of time, I could see then that you can't book Cozumel ahead of time...only Cancun. We didn't really try to book online because we were afraid the port might get cancelled/changed or have other cancellation issues. It is a nice facility and we only had 5 in our group, so it was nice. Still, I was a little aggrevated.

My guess is that this is a recent development, due to the contract deliberations with Carnival. Many operators in Cozumel have recently stopped being able to take independent bookings if they have contracts with Carnival Cruiselines.

I'm really wanting to book direct too. There's a substantial price difference and I can book with an observer since hubby doesn't want to participate in the dolphin swim.

I've been to the website to attempt to book on my own as well. Went through the process and noted at the end they asked for a hotel name. If you could not put one, they would not accept your reservation.

Not only is it cheaper to book directly, they offer more as the web site said, you get free food and drinks, plus a pass to the water park, the crusie ships are not offering that.

Probably going to book through Dolphin Discovery.

Archived