In-cabin tea/coffee making facilities on Solstice?

tom_uk

If you bring your own tea bags or grab some from the buffet, you can just order a carafe of hot water and that will allow you to have refills.

I've never asked for room service on a cruise ship but I might do so for this purpose (I'm a tea drinker too). I'm curious what you generally tip for room service in this case. I'm considering it for just the carafe of hot water, or maybe some pastries too as long as he is making the trip?

I'm not British and I love hot tea. I'd miss the opportunity to bring tea bags (or loose) with me and brew away in my cabin. Probably will still bring the tea, just take it with me to the MDR or wherever, or ask for the water as you all have suggested. Such a stupid reason to get room service to your room... but THINK you can brew tea for iced tea in your room. YUM! :)

Just FYI Tom - NCL also has the little pots in their rooms. I don't know why they all couldn't have these , just like hotel rooms. It would certainly help those of us that want a good fix first thing!!:D

I'm not British and I love hot tea. I'd miss the opportunity to bring tea bags (or loose) with me and brew away in my cabin. Probably will still bring the tea, just take it with me to the MDR or wherever, or ask for the water as you all have suggested. Such a stupid reason to get room service to your room... but THINK you can brew tea for iced tea in your room. YUM! :)

You can buy a litle water heater (a coil that you put in the cup of water and plug in) works great for tea.

jammer5122,

The coil water heater is the element I mentioned in my post,reading other replies it seems that you can't take these onboard. It would good if someone can give an definitive answer to this.

Talking about tea/teabags isn't it funny when you are abroad usually you get Liptons or another one I can't recall,and we very rarely do we use or buy them at home, Why don't they use the best.... Yorkshire Tea!:)

Archived