Not within final payment period

Dukegirl5577

How does this work? If someone books and has to cancel, and it's not within the final payment period, do they get their deposit back? All of it? Some of it? Do they actually get it back, or do they just get credit towards a future cruise?

Just to clarify - you'll get it all back if you cancel before final payment AND if you did not book a high-end suite. Those who put a deposit down on an Owner's Suite, Deluxe Owner's Suite or Garden Villa, and have to cancel before final payment is due, will lose the deposit too.

This goes for those who "upgrade" to a higher category before final payment date too.

Yep, you get it all back. If the TA has a booking fee, you might not get that back.

Watch those dates and policy closely.

Not necessarily. Some NCL cabins (*cough* suites *cough*) do not have complete refunds. That's why I gave the OP the link to the complete policy.

If there's a travel agent involved, the policy may be different from NCL's.

Otherwise, here is NCL's cancellation policy: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=IndivTermsConditions#cancellation

Out of every thing negative I have to say about NCL's website, that has to be the worst of them all. That is the most confusing chart I think I have ever seen in my life.

Archived