Extra Room Key Question...

languageartslady

Okay, here's an odd question... Has anyone had experience in getting an extra key to open a room, or are you only able to have your sea pass and that's it?

For example, I am sailing very soon (yay!) on Celebrity Solstice with my parents and a friend. If I wanted to have a key to my parent's room, would they issue an extra card, but not necessarily attached to the sea pass account... just to open the door.

Just wondering. It would make my live easier, but I'm quite sure that doesn't matter to them.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Once I got a keycard for my sons' cabin. They were underage at the time and any charging was all on my credit card anyway, so that didn't come into question.

Probably with your parents' permission, you could get a keycard, too. Ask at the guest relations desk.

Your parents would have to make the request at guest relations once they board. We did it on the Connie. We gave an extra key to my in laws so they could babysit our daughter at bed time while we went out. No problem.

Have you thought about connecting cabins? We did that on Solstice, delightful

Okay, here's an odd question... Has anyone had experience in getting an extra key to open a room, or are you only able to have your sea pass and that's it?

For example, I am sailing very soon (yay!) on Celebrity Solstice with my parents and a friend. If I wanted to have a key to my parent's room, would they issue an extra card, but not necessarily attached to the sea pass account... just to open the door.

Just wondering. It would make my live easier, but I'm quite sure that doesn't matter to them.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Hello Languageartslady !

It's not a problem at all. As others said, Guest Relations can take care of it for you. Remember to bring your Parents with you, as they will need to give their permission. The card will only work for the door. You will not have any charging ability on the extra card. Have a great time on Solstice !

Hello Languageartslady !

It's not a problem at all. As others said, Guest Relations can take care of it for you. Remember to bring your Parents with you, as they will need to give their permission. The card will only work for the door. You will not have any charging ability on the extra card. Have a great time on Solstice !

That's PERFECT! Thanks so much for the answer. I am getting very excited... I have cruised only on RCCL, so I'm very excited to finally graduate to Celebrity!

Piece of cake! Got back last week and there were 4 of us (me, my sisters & mom). We had cabins next to each other and we were in and out of each others' cabins all the time. I just went down to guest relations and asked for an extra key to my cabin and they asked if I wanted an extra for both cabins. The person at guest relations didn't seem surprised by my request at all. I'm sure they get it quite often.

That's PERFECT! Thanks so much for the answer. I am getting very excited... I have cruised only on RCCL, so I'm very excited to finally graduate to Celebrity!

Hi Languageartslady !

I'm glad to help. Have a wonderful Cruise on Solstice !

Piece of cake! Got back last week and there were 4 of us (me, my sisters & mom). We had cabins next to each other and we were in and out of each others' cabins all the time. I just went down to guest relations and asked for an extra key to my cabin and they asked if I wanted an extra for both cabins. The person at guest relations didn't seem surprised by my request at all. I'm sure they get it quite often.

That's excellent. I'm thrilled that they weren't surprised, because that means they must do it often. I'm so glad! It'll make my life so much easier!

Thanks for all the help!

Archived