22 Days on the Spirit

wripro

Just returned from a month in Asia including 22 wonderful days on the Spirit. Before leaving I was a bit apprehensive about the condition of the ship because of several posts here. Suffice it to say my concern was completely unwarranted. I found her to be in great shape considering her age. Yes, there is a smudge here and there, and yes, there was a glitch here and there in the otherwise spectacular service but the crew on board is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure to sail with, starting of course with Captain Geir-Arne. He truly makes any voyage even better just by his presence. The food was great as usual (though I still wish SB would vary their menus a bit more, especially for longer voyages) and I couldn't have been happier with my time aboard. I also had the pleasure of sailing with several seasoned CC members including Shefinch and Seapenarth and let me tell you, we made one hell of a trivia team.

Twenty two days on any Seabourn ship sounds fantastic. I'm so glad to hear you had a terrific time on your Asian cruise. I had booked a Silversea cruise later this year to the southern Caribbean, but have instead decided to come back to Seabourn, and it will be the Spirit this time. So I appreciate your impressions of the ship, that's good to hear.

Best wishes,

Jane

Just returned from a month in Asia including 22 wonderful days on the Spirit. Before leaving I was a bit apprehensive about the condition of the ship because of several posts here. Suffice it to say my concern was completely unwarranted. I found her to be in great shape considering her age. Yes, there is a smudge here and there, and yes, there was a glitch here and there in the otherwise spectacular service but the crew on board is one of the best I have ever had the pleasure to sail with, starting of course with Captain Geir-Arne. He truly makes any voyage even better just by his presence. The food was great as usual (though I still wish SB would vary their menus a bit more, especially for longer voyages) and I couldn't have been happier with my time aboard. I also had the pleasure of sailing with several seasoned CC members including Shefinch and Seapenarth and let me tell you, we made one hell of a trivia team.

Speaking of trivia.... Who won??? (I wish I would have been part of your team!!)

Host Dan

I endorse all the information provided by team captain Wripro who managed to answer all questions with minimum confidence. :)

You have made a wise move changing from Silverseas. We sailed on all their ships

and enjoyed them however Christmas/New Year on the 'Shadow' all I can say is never

again.

You just cannot go wrong with Seabourn - 10/10. We sail in two weeks time on the

Spirit and I am counting the days.

Thanks for the endorsement, Seapenarth. However, I was hardly the team captain, just the one with the loudest voice who shouted out the answers.

You're too modest Henry! But don't forget it was the "dentist" that won it!! You also omitted to say that we won "Name That Tune" as well or is that boasting?

Dan,

Larry says if you want to fill in an application form, we will send you one!

Archived