Portraits of the past

We've done similar but the other way around....from Palma to Sharm el Sheik on Celebration ...we've also been up the Suez Canal and all the ports that you'll be doing....I'm sure you wll love it....a week in Corfu would be nice stuck on the end!!!!!!!!!!

We did this one last March. We were with friends on their first cruise. I enjoyed it but the weather got really changeable after we sailed through the Suez Canal. We all got sea sick as the Captain had to out run a storm, even the crew were unwell as they had been used to the calmer waters in egypt for a few months.

We went to see the pyramids at night with a light show which was ok but would have preferred to see them during the day but due to our flight arriving the previous day pretty late and all the lead up to packing etc. for a holiday, I knew if I booked the early excursion having to be up at 6.30am. I would have been too tired to enjoy it, hence the evening trip.

However Cairo was a sight to be seen, no roofs on buildings and old Cairo a rather dirty littered place.

Alexandria was something else as well a lot of passengers got off the ship, walked 100yards and got back on. We walked into town dodged the traffic and the looky looky men. Got talking to one of the locals and basically just walked around the place, it was definately a culture shock.

Suez canal was a spectacle when you saw all the large ships single file behind us. We met someone who told us about the hours of toil and hard labour this canal took and how they had to dredge each bank on a regular basis. We had Soldiers to children waving at us from the banks of the canal quite a sight. We then moved to the Med. Naples etc. ending up at Palma where we chose to stay for another 3 nights in a hotel.:)

Archived