3/29 Gem upsells?

brovol

It is getting late in the game, and it looks like the ship is now full. I know my up sell desires were not satisfied. Did anyone get an up-sell offer into either a A-3 Courtyard Villa, or an AB Penthouse on the 3/28 Gem sailing? How about any other categories? Any info, comments, or insight will be appreciated.

It is getting late in the game, and it looks like the ship is now full. I know my up sell desires were not satisfied. Did anyone get an up-sell offer into either a A-3 Courtyard Villa, or an AB Penthouse on the 3/28 Gem sailing? How about any other categories? Any info, comments, or insight will be appreciated.

Hi,

We are on that sailing and we experienced the upgrade fairy, she really does exist! :D

Actually I called my TA about 2 weeks ago when I noticed the price drop in the AD's, we were already booked in an AE. She called NCL and said she would get back to me. When I heard back from her NCL said we would be upgraded at no charge! I was willing to pay the difference which wasn't that much but no charge is nice too. We wanted an aft cabin for this sailing and those categories are both aft cabins.

Have you signed up for the roll call for our 3/28/09 sailing? It is a nice group of people and they have a lot of fun things planned, hope to see you there!

Kathy

Hi,

We are on that sailing and we experienced the upgrade fairy, she really does exist! :D

Actually I called my TA about 2 weeks ago when I noticed the price drop in the AD's, we were already booked in an AE. She called NCL and said she would get back to me. When I heard back from her NCL said we would be upgraded at no charge! I was willing to pay the difference which wasn't that much but no charge is nice too. We wanted an aft cabin for this sailing and those categories are both aft cabins.

Have you signed up for the roll call for our 3/28/09 sailing? It is a nice group of people and they have a lot of fun things planned, hope to see you there!

Kathy

Thanks for the response Kathy. Congrats on the upgrade. We sailed this same cruise last year, and got a great upsell from an AB Penthouse, to an A-3 CV. It was so fantastic that there is nothing my clan (wife and two kids) can compare it to; and we have been on so many cruises we loose count.

This time we booked an aft mini-suite, praying for an upsell. Unfortunately, after lobbying our TA, and watching the cabins fill the last week or so, I finally broke, and paid for an upgrade to the Penthouse. It kind of stinks; because now we paid lots, and we are still disappointed that we are not in the Courtyard Villa. That's right; one cruise turned us into spoiled snobs. The upscale living really makes everything else a disappointment.

I did check out the roll call last night, but didnt post anything. It does look like a good group though. Great conversation between future passengers. I may chime in a little.

You will love the Gem. With your suite, be sure to take advantage of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Fantastic food and service. Thanks again.

Hi -- we are also on the 3/28 GEM. Hoping for an Upsell call. I found same issue as previous poster. NCL not yet interested in upsells for this. We have 2 adjoining mini-suites for a family of 5. Was hoping for AB or CV. Called NCL and was told we would pay a decent amount to move all of us to an AB. The deal breaker was that we were going to also lose over $600 in OBC. Couldn't justify that. So here is to hoping that kd6183 gets moved into one of the two CV's left and we get their AB.

Hi -- we are also on the 3/28 GEM. Hoping for an Upsell call. I found same issue as previous poster. NCL not yet interested in upsells for this. We have 2 adjoining mini-suites for a family of 5. Was hoping for AB or CV. Called NCL and was told we would pay a decent amount to move all of us to an AB. The deal breaker was that we were going to also lose over $600 in OBC. Couldn't justify that. So here is to hoping that kd6183 gets moved into one of the two CV's left and we get their AB.

I noticed that, in the last two days, the CV's went from none available to two available. I assume it is based on holds placed on the suites, while a potential passenger decides whether or not to book. I think it can be held for 24 hours. I hope we get an upsell call; but if not, hopefully you will. Good luck.

I noticed that, in the last two days, the CV's went from none available to two available. I assume it is based on holds placed on the suites, while a potential passenger decides whether or not to book. I think it can be held for 24 hours. I hope we get an upsell call; but if not, hopefully you will. Good luck.

Hi brovol,

Why don't you try calling your TA or NCL direct for the upgrade? As I stated I got my upgrade by calling my TA when I noticed the price drop. Can't hurt just a thought! Good luck see you on the ship!

Kathy

Hi brovol,

Why don't you try calling your TA or NCL direct for the upgrade? As I stated I got my upgrade by calling my TA when I noticed the price drop. Can't hurt just a thought! Good luck see you on the ship!

Kathy

I tried that a few times already; but without any luck. My TA is actually pretty astute about working the system. She has gotten us upgrades on other lines, and the upsell to a Courtyard Villa on our last GEM trip. (actually, I think that was just good luck). It looks like there are still CV's open. maybe I'll get lucky again.

Brovol....we are neighbors! One of the AB's opened up today and I did what you did. No deals however from NCL. They did allow us to keep most of our OBC. Will hope for a CV, but I doubt that call is coming. We are excited about the AB.

Thanks for the response Kathy. Congrats on the upgrade. We sailed this same cruise last year, and got a great upsell from an AB Penthouse, to an A-3 CV. It was so fantastic that there is nothing my clan (wife and two kids) can compare it to; and we have been on so many cruises we loose count.

This time we booked an aft mini-suite, praying for an upsell. Unfortunately, after lobbying our TA, and watching the cabins fill the last week or so, I finally broke, and paid for an upgrade to the Penthouse. It kind of stinks; because now we paid lots, and we are still disappointed that we are not in the Courtyard Villa. That's right; one cruise turned us into spoiled snobs. The upscale living really makes everything else a disappointment.

I did check out the roll call last night, but didnt post anything. It does look like a good group though. Great conversation between future passengers. I may chime in a little.

You will love the Gem. With your suite, be sure to take advantage of Cagney's for breakfast and lunch. Fantastic food and service. Thanks again.

Darn, wish I'd have seen your post earlier -- I'd have called to see if I could grab your aft AF!:(

Please do join our roll call -- we've got a great group going!

Brovol....we are neighbors! One of the AB's opened up today and I did what you did. No deals however from NCL. They did allow us to keep most of our OBC. Will hope for a CV, but I doubt that call is coming. We are excited about the AB.

Small world. What did we all do before these boards?

If you are on the port side, I am sure we will see each other around. We are the 2nd penthouse from the bridge.

Archived