Window room or inside (with an infant)?

displaced

We're planning a last-minute trip to Alaska, likely early May. We're debating an inside cabin vs. one with a window. Normally we wouldn't care and just go with the inside cabin and explore. However, we'll be traveling with our son who will only be about 9 months when we cruise. I'm concerned it may be too cold to sit on the decks for extended periods of time depending on the weather. I was thinking if we had at least a window we could still see sights as we travel when we may be getting cold. Or do most ships have good "viewing areas" with large windows somewhere inside? Or maybe warmer areas on the decks for viewing the sights? Thanks for your experienced advice!

I would also recommend an OV. I don't know about other cruise lines, but I found that the HAL windows were wide enough to perch in, with the curtains closed, so I actually had a view while my daughter was napping. It wasn't particularly comfortable, but a lot better than sitting in a dark room!

I have a 9 month old now and would go with the window. It's hard enough to be still and quiet in the same room while they nap so at least you'd have something to look at and occupy yourself. Also to consider is some sort of room-darkening item. I have been to Alaska, been on a cruise, but never done an Alaskan cruise. That said, it's light quite late there (although may not be an issue early May???) and I'm not sure if that will affect your baby's ability to sleep. I know mine wakes up as soon as it's light out...:( Have fun!

Archived