question regarding travel agents

old grump

Who does the TA owe primary alligence to, the customer or the cruise line? I've booked three cruises(two Regent and one river cruise), with the same TA who is not a local agent, and was originally contacted via a internet ad.

I realize that three transactions makes me small fry indeed, but attempting to extract information from this TA(who is a regent approved TA), regarding Regent cruises, pricing trends and other info that will help me pick the best Regent cruise(pricewise) is almost impossible.

I like the Regent style, but still, i'm a lot poorer than I was a year ago and would like the very best value I can get get from Regent.

The feeling I get from my TA is that they are doing everything in their power to take care of us, the customer. Recently, for instance, there have been many changes in pricing, addition of free excursions, etc. Our TA is in contact with Regent and insures that our invoices, etc. are corrected and that we are aware of the changes.

They do have to have a good relationship with Regent as well. We feel like we're first -- just my opinion!

Archived