How is a good way to leave messages for friends traveling with you ?

planooldfamily

We've got 3 families traveling together in separate cabins. Any suggestions on how to leave messages for one another ? Do you slide notes under the door, use walkie-talkies, etc. One ship we have been on had a magazine holder type box hanging outside each door - and we were able to place messages there. Does anyone know if the Ruby has that ? If you leave a message on their cabin's voice mail, can they retrieve the message from another phone on board - or do they have to go back to their cabin to hear the message ? Any suggestions would be great !

We've got 3 families traveling together in separate cabins. Any suggestions on how to leave messages for one another ? Do you slide notes under the door, use walkie-talkies, etc. One ship we have been on had a magazine holder type box hanging outside each door - and we were able to place messages there. Does anyone know if the Ruby has that ? If you leave a message on their cabin's voice mail, can they retrieve the message from another phone on board - or do they have to go back to their cabin to hear the message ? Any suggestions would be great !

Mailbox outside the cabin door to leave notes. :)

I was organizing a cruise for my entire family. We had 8 cabins total.

I bought little dry erase boards at target (probably 6 X 9) and decorated them with stickers and whatnot. Each person put one outside their cabin. Then you could either write where you were on your board on a note to them on theirs.

Note: It didn't work to put them on the door itself as as soon as you closed it, they popped off! But the wall next to the door is also magnetic so we stuck them there.

I don't know if this is true or not, but when we were on the Grand last summer our cabin steward told us they were not planning to have the mailboxes outside the cabins like they do on most of the other ships. Can anyone who has been on the Ruby verify this? If they have them, it is a great way to leave messages.

I don't know if this is true or not, but when we were on the Grand last summer our cabin steward told us they were not planning to have the mailboxes outside the cabins like they do on most of the other ships. Can anyone who has been on the Ruby verify this? If they have them, it is a great way to leave messages.

The Ruby has the mail boxes outside the door.

You can also bring walkie talkies.

They need those mailboxes to leave you all that useless mail, like the umpteenth notice about the final art auction.

Our steward on my last cruise on Diamond Princess used to neatly lay out all the mail on my bed!

I've successfully used a combination of phone messages, notes in mail boxes and sticky notes on the door or mirror (for cabin mates).

I've also seen people use those mini whiteboards to great effect to advise their kids of time to be back for dinner etc.

Archived