Stroller Issue

rolloman

I need to buy a new stroller for cruises and light travel. DD (10 months old) likes to fall asleep after awhile in the stroller. With that in mind I need to find a stroller that reclines all the way yet is light weight. A decent sunshade is important as well. It seems to me the two most regarded are the combi flex and the Maclaren Quest. Unfortunately it seems the flex has full recline and the Quest has the bigger sun shade...I am open to any suggestions, or should I just flip a coin? Thanks!!!

I don't have experience with either - and I don't have a single stroller that reclines - but I do have a Kiddopotomas (sp?) Ray Shade. You could order via Walmart's ship-to-store...and if you don't like it...return it. My girls are almost 11 months old...but 100% length for their age. Their feet were still in the sun. When they were awake, they would often lean forward to try to see out of the stroller since the shade really covered them up.

I have the Maclaran and used in on our last 2 cruises. You are correct that it does not recline completely flat but it does recline quite a bit. my daughter took all her naps in it on our last cruise at 7 mo. The sun shade is a nice size but it does not completely keep DD out of the sun. For that you would need to buy an add on sun shade as suggeste by the previous poster. Over all I've been very happy with the Maclaran and I think it is a high quality "umbrella type" stroller. My daughter is 18mo now and the stroller is still in good shape.

I have 2 Combi's - umbrella style. I love, love, love them for the weight (VERY light) and how compact they are (super easy to fold), but the 2 I have don't lie flat and the sunshade isn't that large. Mine are several years old - not sure how the newer models are.

I do have a Peg Perego Pliko that I love and plan on taking on our next cruise. It isn't quite a full sized stroller, but has many features that a full sized stroller has. It folds up a lot more compactly than my full sized Combi and other full sized strollers I've seen. Also, the sunshade is awesome - it can cover the entire stroller. There are other shades you can zip onto it also - a mosquito netting and a rain cover. It doesn't like completely flat, but only has a slight incline (it works great for sleeping babies). :) I'm not sure how much money you want to spend on a stroller, but this one is a great all-around stroller. Good luck!!!

We have had a maclaren Techno for a few years and it has worked great on 2 cruises and in Hawaii with our now 3 y/o son. It has enough shade if you turn it and it reclines almost flat. He used to take naps in it quite a bit on vacation. Now he is too old but my daughter will be using it on our next cruise in November. She will be 15 months.

Ours is an older version of this:

http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Techno-XT-Stroller-Charcoal/dp/B0013ILA02/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1236966081&sr=1-11

We got the Maclaren Quest last summer and LOVE it. Super lightweight, easy to fold, folds small. Like others have said it doesn't recline all the way, but my daughter has used it to sleep in from 18 months to 2 years old and she does just fine.

I'm also obsessed with keeping her out of the sun and I think the shade is very good and can angle down more if you need it to. I also purchased one of the official Maclaren Parasols that they sell and that works awesome.

I have a maclaren twin techno and like it although it is heavy and long. Im not sure how the single one is. When I only had one child we brought a peg perego aria. It was perfect and I love it, all the features of a full size stroller, lightweight (9#), full recline, full sunshade that extends to the tray, snack tray, large basket, fits through all doors including the cabin door and folds small enough to fit in the cabin closet when not in use.

Thanks for the help everyone! I am going to search this weekend and see what the best deal I can find is on the Quest or FLex. Combi does have a new one called Helio but it does not recline all the way like the Combi Flex model. I like the suggestion of buying the extended shade if I get the Maclaren Quest. We currently have the large Chico we took on our last Disney cruise and it was a serious pain and space hog. I will let everyone know what I get and of course my review of how it performed in a few weeks on our Ruby Cruise. Thanks again!

I have 2 Combi's - umbrella style. I love, love, love them for the weight (VERY light) and how compact they are (super easy to fold), but the 2 I have don't lie flat and the sunshade isn't that large. Mine are several years old - not sure how the newer models are.

I do have a Peg Perego Pliko that I love and plan on taking on our next cruise. It isn't quite a full sized stroller, but has many features that a full sized stroller has. It folds up a lot more compactly than my full sized Combi and other full sized strollers I've seen. Also, the sunshade is awesome - it can cover the entire stroller. There are other shades you can zip onto it also - a mosquito netting and a rain cover. It doesn't like completely flat, but only has a slight incline (it works great for sleeping babies). :) I'm not sure how much money you want to spend on a stroller, but this one is a great all-around stroller. Good luck!!!

I second the Peg Perego Pliko. It folds down very compactly, lays nearly flat and has the best sun shade I could ever need (closes completely to the tray). It's pricey, but very nice.

I second the Peg Perego Pliko. It folds down very compactly, lays nearly flat and has the best sun shade I could ever need (closes completely to the tray). It's pricey, but very nice.

Glad you like it too!!! I haven't used it on a cruise, but I'm hoping it works well. :)

I did extensive research a year ago on this topic-for our May cruise and deided the Combi Flex was the best choice for us for a few reasons:

Weight, recline, shoulderstrap (HUGE plus) and size.

We have been using it for a year now (To make sure it will really work the way we hoped)

And it has exceeded our expectations. Cushier than the liter MacClarens (although folks swear by them) the sun shade is fine- and we also purchased a sun sheet to provide more coverage when needed. It is SO easy to open close store and carry... one hand. It also has taller handles than most- which means DHh can push it without bending uncomfortably.

It also has a rain cover accessory we purchased which is great when it rains.

We have used it a ton on our boat where space is at a premium, and it works great on all surfaces.

Decide what qualities/attributes will best meet your needs, then rack and stack them. If the Combi does, I do not think you will be disappointed.

Archived