Dickerson, Jolly, Turner, or Darkwood

fun and breezes 2

I'm trying to decide which beach to visit when we cruise to Antigua this April. I am looking for a beautiful place for the day with white sand, gorgeous blue water, bathrooms, and chair/umbrella rentals. I have seen good posts about Dickerson, Jolly, Turner, and Darkwood. Which one to choose?

Also, any ideas for transportation? I don't want to take the bus system, I'd rather plan a driver ahead of time.

I just Love DarkWood Beach, We went there about two years ago. We will be going back to Darkwood Beach from our cruise in April. The water was very clalm and blue. Almost felt like a big bathtub. I'ts what I have been dreaming about for many years. They have chairs,cabanas,bathrooms and a place to eat. The food was pretty good too. When we arrived we were greeted with a big smile and welcome. I forgot the mans name but he came over a few times to see if we needed anything which was very nice. There were also two ladies that were selling there handmade jewlery so we bought a few things. We were the only ones there for about 45 minutes. After more from our cruise line showed up and maybe a few locals . It was never at all crowded. It was a very peaceful day and we can't wait to go back. I think you would enjoy yourself here. Last time we went we rented a car for the day and went all around the island. This time I think we will just take a taxi.

Road Sounds??? I guess you mean cars on the road?? There is a main road along this beach but not at all a busy road. The resturant is right next to the road. Never really noticed any noise. There is a hill on the one side of the beach and you can sometimes see cars now and then. To the right of the beach there were some spots for snorkeling. The water was so clear and calm on this day. I was standing in the water past my waist and can see my toes.

Went to Darkwood last week. It was beautiful. I read about the road sounds too...there was some construction going on by the road at the very far end of the beach, but not disturbing at all. I imagine a few weeks ago, perhaps it had been closer. The beach had people, but not too crowded. It did seem a bit more developed/touristy than I had imagined from some reviews. For example, there was a guy renting segways and another renting jet skis. I would still go back. We just got off the ship and ran into "Sexy Eddie's Cab". He came back for us when he said he would (if not other cabs were there) and was very nice and knowledgable about the island.

Went to Darkwood last week. It was beautiful. I read about the road sounds too...there was some construction going on by the road at the very far end of the beach, but not disturbing at all. I imagine a few weeks ago, perhaps it had been closer. The beach had people, but not too crowded. It did seem a bit more developed/touristy than I had imagined from some reviews. For example, there was a guy renting segways and another renting jet skis. I would still go back. We just got off the ship and ran into "Sexy Eddie's Cab". He came back for us when he said he would (if not other cabs were there) and was very nice and knowledgable about the island.

How much was the cab ride to Darkwood Beach? Last time we rented a car. This time we might just take a cab if the price is right

How much was the cab ride to Darkwood Beach? Last time we rented a car. This time we might just take a cab if the price is right

We took the bus, $1.50 pp each way. Very easy to get to bus station. Not sure what a cab will cost, but got to be way more than the bus, plus you miss the fun of riding with locals.

We went to dickensons last week and we loved it! Sexy Eddie took us there and picked us up when we wanted. Our cab fare was $3.00 a person. We went horseback riding and rented jet skis. It was so beautiful and very relaxing! This was probally our favorite stop.

We went to dickensons last week and we loved it! Sexy Eddie took us there and picked us up when we wanted. Our cab fare was $3.00 a person. We went horseback riding and rented jet skis. It was so beautiful and very relaxing! This was probally our favorite stop.

Horseback riding sounds great...did you book it with the ship or are they right there on the beach??

Kris

Archived