Holiday sailings, 2005

elmorejj

Just rec`d the Holiday sailings brochure from my TA and notice quite a few interesting itineraries in it,. Statendam from Auckland to Sydney, Amsterdam San Francisco to circle Hawaiian Islands and back, Prinsendam round trip FLL to Orinoco river, Rotterdam, Rio to Valparaiso, Zaandam out of FLL and stopping at Dom. Republic and St. Croix. Quite a few cruises for me to ponder. Anyone else get this brochure?.....jean :cool:

jasl, holiday sailing of the Statendam, Auckland to Sydney, Dec. 22nd (thursday) through Jan.7th (Saturday)...early savings brochure prices from $2939-$18,019..anyone else need any Holiday 05 info?......jean :cool:

Sort of bums me out that their is zippo that I can find on HAL's website about this cruise...or am I missing something? E-mailed a couple of the online cruise outfits that we have booked before and also came up empty.

THANKS Jean, this is helpful. Airline may have blackouts, but it is worth trying.

If you are thinking of using AC FF points to Florida for the holidays you can forget about it. They always seem to make that period a black-out one, as we have found out. :( Sometimes the day we are leaving is open, but then the return date is during the black-out period. Just once, I would love to use our FF points for the holidays but unless we fly to San Diego to pick up a ship, it's a no-go. :(

Itinerary for Statendam. Dec22 Auckland, embark, Dec23, sail 6pm.

Dec 24 Tauranga, NZ. Dec 25, cruising Mercury Isl. Hole in the wall passage, Alderman Isl. Mayor Isl. White Isl. Dec26 Napier NZ. Dec27 Wellington NZ. Dec28 anchor at Capt. Cooks ship cove, 7.30-11.30, Picton NZ 1-6pm. Dec29 Christchurch NZ. Dec30 Dunedin NZ. Dec31 cruising Fjordland national park, Dusky, doubtful and Milford sound. Jan 1 and 2 at sea. Jan 3 Beauty Point Tasmania. Jan 4 Melbourne. Jan 5 at sea.Jan 6-7 Sydney.disembark Jan7

Prinsendam Itinerary

Dec 20 Ft Lauderdale

Dec 21 Nassau

Dec22 At sea

Dec23 Samana Dom. Republic

Dec 24 La Romana Dom. Rep.

Dec25 At sea

Dec 26 Grenada

Dec 27 Cruising the Orinoco river, Puerto Ordaz Venezuela

Dec 28 Puerto Ordaz

Dec 29 Puerto Ordaz and cruising the Orinoco river

Dec 30 Barbados

Dec 31 Dominica

Jan 1 & 2 At sea

Jan 3 HMC

Jan 4 Ft Lauderdale

I was out fishing today (for freaking 8 hours!!!; man, I'm burnt) and got to see the Prinsendam up close. We passed about 20 feet away from it while it was tendered off of St George's (the capital of Grenada).

We didn't catch much fish, so I was hoping that some kind guest would throw me something *grin*.

Archived