~WeightWatchers Support~

LisaDee

Hi...yes I did join WW and have not gotten into E-Tools as yet and will definitely look into Hungry Girl.....My big problem at the moment is my husband likes to eat out most of the time and that presents me with lots to think about as far as eating...I am trying to be good and have to be more involved with counting points....thanks to all of you for your posts and I think it can help me get on keep on track to reach my goal...

For anyone looking for the Hungry Girl website, here it is.. http://hungry-girl.com/ Just click on the big 'Sign Up Today' banner. She really sends out awesome emails, five days a week. Sometimes there are really good promo codes and coupons included for some of our favorite products as WWers!

I'm also attaching a before and after pic of me.. although in my before I wasn't at my heaviest, I had already hit my 10% and was down about 15lbs, I don't think I have a true before pic..

n652631693_536901_4718.jpg.2fb353d64cfe178524d3440d2e5f0575.jpg

IMG00071-20100404-1457.jpg.59dd74b4de9f3d4c54dcd97dc6034bc1.jpg

Hi everyone. I just found this thread and thought I would join in.

I have a cruise coming up the end of May and am hoping to be at goal by then. I started back at WW in January. I was a Lifetime member about 7 years ago but several military moves and deaths in the family caused the all to familiar STRESS which for me means SNACK!

My start weight was 160, I'm now at 143 down 17lb and goal is 135.

Looking forward to reading through from the start and gaining any cruise eating tips.

Cari...how long did it take you to get to your current weight loss....?

Hi Saatchi, My wt loss has been a little irratic over the years. My top wt was 205 lbs after giving birth to my last child. I started taking diet pills and did lose 40 some lbs but the medication made me ill and it was not a realistic way for me to be able to maintain after the loss. My doctor directed me to WW. I joined back in Oct of 2003 and went from 157.8 down to 122. I received my lifetime in March of 2004. I fell off the wagon during my divorce and gained back 33 lbs of this. I recommited back to WW a few months ago and am down to 144. lbs It is coming off a little slower this time but at long as I know I am following plan, tracking and leading the lifestyle that I should be, I am happy. I wont lie to you either, I have had some bad weeks as well, but have used them as a life long learning experience. I know that I cannot have "danger" food in my home. I cleared out all of the sweets and made my own shelf in the pantry. I stocked it with some 1 and 2 pt bars and snacks from WW as well as Fiber-One bars. I do not eat this all day long, but if I know I want a snack I would rather turn there then the Oreo stash or the BBQ Lays chips. I also keep a fruit bowl on my dining room table and change the variety around each week. I always keep bananas on hand but some weeks will have apples, pears, berries, papaya, mango, etc..... Tonight we are going to grill some necterines and peaches. Just cut them in half and put them fruit side down on the grill just long enough to get the grill marks on them. I use this as a side dish over top of some spring-mix salad greens but you could use this as a dessert option as well. :)

When I get down below 130 my BF is going to treat me to some new swim wear for our upcoming cruise. I have already started looking but will not try anything on until I hit the 129 or less mark. This is my motivating factor right now.

Good luck to you and welcome to this WW board. Cari :)

Goodmorning WW friends, I hope everyone stayed on plan and had a great weedend. :) We have made it to another Monday and start to a great work week.

I weighed at home this morning and it looks like I'm up almost a pound since Friday WW weigh-in. I am not going to be too overly concerned as I did follow plan and track. The only thing that I had planned on but did not do enough of was my walking. Saturday was great, I walked a few miles here in the neighborhood but yesterday was very cool so I spent most of the day doing indoor chores and doing some research at the library. I had intended to jump on the treadmill last evening but stayed until the library closed thus causing me to get a late start to dinner plans.

Today I am working out of my house so I am going to prepare a double pot of the WW garden vegetable soup. We have some leftover grilled turey breast so I may add this to the soup too. I will count the points for the turkey and just use this as our main course for dinner tonight. The leftovers will ge good for a quick lunch this week as well.

I hope everyone has a good Monday. Cari

Congrats on your weight loss ladies!

I just signed up for Hungry Girls mailing list. I'm excited for her emails. I love her WW blog. SUCH great tips. I'm going to browse through her site today since I'm off to Costco after work.

My weekend in Vegas wasn't as bad (food-wise) as it could have been. We ended up totally forgetting to eat dinner on Friday night cause we were so excited to go out. I had a tomato and mozza sandwich at 4am that tasted too good to be healthy. At least I didn't go for the bacon, cheese and jumbo stacked meat sandwich my hubby had. My other downfall was french fries. I ordered a veggie sandwich on Saturday with tomato, cucumber, sprouts and cheese with a dijonaise sauce on wheat. The sandwich came and it was THREE pieces of bread with and extra cheese slice in between. I definitely took out that middle piece of bread and cheese. Then I ate too many of the fries which were soooo greasy but sooooo good. I did have a couple of my 1 pt bars and portioned out pop chips on the drive. So this weekend wasn't a total failure, but I'm not expecting much at weigh-in tomorrow. I will be pretty upset if I've gained. I don't think I have so *fingers crossed*. I'm definitely starting out the week right! I'm going to stock up on fruit at Costco... mmmmm strawberries!

Have a great week everyone!

Hello ladies:

My weigh in is tomorrow and I don't figure that I lost this week. I had a crazy hectic weekend with the new granddaughter being born on Friday and keeping my two grandsons while my daughter & son-in-law were in the hospital with the new baby. Saturday evening we left the hospital late to run and grab dinner. I wanted On The Border because of their border smart menu. When we got there I found out there were only 2 little items left on the menu from the border smart menu. I was irritated, didn't want the 2 choices they offered, and didn't do very well with my choices since I wasn't prepared. So, I ended up using every flex point plus 5 more than I had. :( I've been trying to watch every bite since then to make up for it. Darn On The Border...why did they take away the border smart menu choices!!!

Hey Ladies,

love2travel2beaches- Congrats on the granddaughter. It's good to hear that both mother and baby are doing well. It's disappointing when restaurants change their healthy menus. We went to Applebees a couple of weeks ago, and much to my dismay they have gotten rid of the raspberry cake. I had save points all day for that :(. We stopped and got a McD's cone on the way home, but it definitely wasn't what I had looked forward to.

Well, my week 2 weigh in is tonight. I'm sure it's not going to be as much as my first week (5 lbs), but any decrease is good for me :D!

Have a great day!!!

To all the cruise-loving WeightWatchers members out there, please join us on this thread to support eachother and discuss our progress, insights, tips, frustrations and successes on our weight loss journeys.

This is a continuation of the prior thread titled “waitwatcher”.

If you care to share your stats, on your normal weekly weigh-in day post your stats as follows:

SW: (starting weight)

CW: (current weight

GW: (goal weight)

Hello to all!

Hope you will let me join the group that would be great and give me a boost.

Noticed thread I am or was a weight watcher! My weight fluctuates, Im on a cruise in June and would love to lose 10lbs in weight. Trouble is I tend to eat healthy then have a lot of crap in between. I used to be big lost my weight, but now im in my mid 5os find it hard to keep off. I would love the support from all you guys. I weigh in stones and lbs tho if thats ok?

Travel2Beaches, Congrats on your new grandbaby. How exciting.

Ashley, I know what you mean about Applebee's. We were there a few weeks ago and I wanted to order my usual WW steak/shrimp combo shish-k-bobs over rice with steamed broccoli. (7pts) well wouldn't you know, poof, gone from the menu. I ended up feeling rushed and ordering a fajita burger in a pita w/o the cheese. I thought I was doing good until I got home and discovered the points. :eek:

Holey, can you get to a WW meeting in your area? If so, IMO they have some great food/snack products. I have a shelf in my pantry that has a variety of items for when I get a snack attack. Good luck and keep us posted. You can do it!

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Cari :)

Hello All,

Tomorrow is my weigh in and so far I think I'll do pretty good. We went to Applebee's for lunch on Sunday and I got a salad for 6 points that was really good. This is the first time I've ordered something that showed points. There was an appetizer on the table and I didn't have any so I was proud of myself. Good luck to all.

Frances

Hey guys.. in an attempt to get back on track last night I went food shopping and just found myself buying a lot of WW endorsed products that I can simply heat and eat as a mode of being lazy. I think I already want to kick myself for this decision. I had a Smart Ones egg and cheese on an English muffin for breakfast for FOUR stinkin' points. I really can't believe I did that.. a normal breakfast for me is one or two.. so now here I am at 11:30am afraid to eat anything else until lunch, yet I'm starving. I have a three point lunch packed.. along with six points worth of snacks which I'm going to try to avoid most of and maybe just have a two point smoothie later on and that'll leave me with nine points for dinner. Argh! So frustrating.

Well the weigh went okay today, I'm down another .4 lbs. I guess nothing could have compared to the 5 lbs from last week, well unless I had lost another 5 lbs :D! I knew it wasn't going to be as good this week though,I didn't track like I needed too. I'm back on track now though, and I walked/jogged tonight! I don't think I've jogged in a long time it was an awesome feeling.

I had an Aha moment in the meeting tonight that really put everything into perspective. Our leader was talking about how the weekends make up for 1/3 of our time and if we chose to take the weekends off we could really delay reaching our end goal. I've decided I'm going to stick to my plan 7 days a week and I'll take the weekends off when I'm at goal :D!!!!!

Good Morning everyone!

I had a fantastic weigh-in last night. I'm down another 1.6 lbs. I was shocked after my Vegas trip on the weekend. I don't think many people can say they lose weight after a trip to Vegas. I was shocked. Needless to say, I feel great! I've lost a total of 9.4 lbs. I've hit my 5% and am soooo close to my first 10 lbs I can almost taste it.

This weekend we are going to a friend's birthday party. They are having it catered with Mexican, taco truck style. It won't be very healthy, but I'm sure I can do all right. I know I'm going to want a piece of birthday cake, especially if there's tres leches, so I'm saving my weekly points all for Saturday.

I bought WW Rosemary Olive Oil pretzel thins last night since they're on sale. I love love love them! I also bought some WW string cheese and am trying one for lunch. I'll let you all know how they taste.

Have a wonderful week and happy losing :D:D:D

SW: 157.4

CW: 148

GW: 127.4

Archived