Gem Aft 11150 vs AB

Crazyshopper

I finally decided to book a AFT cabin to experience why they call these cabins as "prime real estate".

I am also deciding on whether if I will take on an upsell offer if I do get the call. I got one last time on the Dawn. I just want to prepare myself just in case.

I am a family of four - my son is 4 and my daughter would be 22 months. We are going to the Western Mediterranean.

Do you have any suggestions or any comments between the two cabins? Which would you prefer? An mini-suite AFT or an AB Penthouse?

Have any of you stayed in this cabin before - 11150?

I finally decided to book a AFT cabin to experience why they call these cabins as "prime real estate".

I am also deciding on whether if I will take on an upsell offer if I do get the call. I got one last time on the Dawn. I just want to prepare myself just in case.

I am a family of four - my son is 4 and my daughter would be 22 months. We are going to the Western Mediterranean.

Do you have any suggestions or any comments between the two cabins? Which would you prefer? An mini-suite AFT or an AB Penthouse?

I would take the AB anyday. I did get an upsell on my Western Med Cruise from A mini to an Ab.

The AB has 2 Bedrooms 2 baths. The master bath is large with 2 sinks and a bathtub. A mini is just a slightly larger balcony cabin. An AB has a living room area, a table area with a wet bar. An AB has butler service, with snacks delivered every day. Thee is a Cupacinio Machine in a Mini, with all the makings.

If offerd an AB or Aft mini, especially with 2 Children, I would take the AB in a Heartbeat.

Also Breakfast and Lunch is included in Cagneys. That is a great perk!

I had an Aft mini booking, but Husband did not want it, so Changed for this years Pearl Alaska sailing. I would love an upsell to an AB.

Diane in Music City

dIA

Funny thing is that we originally booked that exact aft mini for our upcoming 3/28 Gem cruise, but I decided to upgrade to an AB. We were looking forward to the Aft, but wanted the larger suite, with all the perks. Last year, at the same time, we sailed the Gem in a Courtyard Villa. We loved it, and we were hopping for an upsell, but haven't been so lucky yet.

We definitely prefer the aft to the forward of the ship. When we get on the ship we are hoping that we might get a look at the aft cabin to check it out.

Just curious' date=' would the AB be suitable for 2 adult couples? Or, would the 2nd bedroom be more suited for children? Thanks for any info.[/quote']

It could work for two adult couples; however, there is a HUGE difference between the master room and the extra room. The 2nd room is nothing more than an attached inside room. Works perfect for kids. With adults it would be like first class versus steerage. The couple in the extra room would feel like peasants by comparison.

I would take the AB anyday. I did get an upsell on my Western Med Cruise from A mini to an Ab.

The AB has 2 Bedrooms 2 baths. The master bath is large with 2 sinks and a bathtub. A mini is just a slightly larger balcony cabin. An AB has a living room area, a table area with a wet bar. An AB has butler service, with snacks delivered every day. Thee is a Cupacinio Machine in a Mini, with all the makings.

If offerd an AB or Aft mini, especially with 2 Children, I would take the AB in a Heartbeat.

Also Breakfast and Lunch is included in Cagneys. That is a great perk!

I had an Aft mini booking, but Husband did not want it, so Changed for this years Pearl Alaska sailing. I would love an upsell to an AB.

Diane in Music City

dIA

Diane,

Thanks. I have been in an AB penthouse on the Dawn. I did not know that you could eat at Cagneys. So, I missed out.

I am just wondering, do you remember how much you paid for the upsell? Last time on the Dawn, I went from a BB to AB for $800.

Thanks.

We stayed in cabin 11150 on our first Gem cruise the location was great.The only drawback is there is not a curtain to separate the bed from the sofa..The mini next to us 11152 had the curtain.We were surprised there was not a curtain we thought all minisuites had this.

Thanks for your input so far. I guess everyone is leaning towards an AB. I will keep my fingers cross for the upsell call. Currently, there are many ABs available. My final payment is on Tuesday.

If you are going to keep your fingers crossed strive for a Courtyard Villa!;)

Good luck!

Archived