Self-Serve Laundrymat on Star Princess?

MOOKIE544

Yes. There are self-service laundromats on the Star. The cost, I believe is $1.00 for washing and $1.00 for drying. There is also soap for sale. However, it is probably a better bet to take some from home.

That hardest part is just finding time to do it when when not everyone else in the world is doing it as well. You might want to ask about this over on the Princess board to get exact hours and suggestions as to when might be your best opportunity.

We took the Star Princess from Buenos Aires to Valparaiso last year, and the only restriction on the self-service laundry I can recall is that we could not use it when in Chilean waters (government restrictions on the waste water).

The laundromats on Princess ships charge $1 (in quarters) per load to wash, and at least another $1 worth of quarters to dry (may need to put in more if drying jeans or other heavy fabric). The soap machine also charges $1 for a little box of soap that will do 1 load. So if you use dry soap powder, you might want to put some in a zip-lock bag and take it with you.

You should to take quarters with you for this purpose, as sometimes the change machine may not work, or you'd have to go to the Purser's desk to get bills changed.

You should just assume the change and soap machines are not working, and take along a roll of quarters, and laundry soap in a leak/spill-proof container.

Certainly, sea days are busier than other days.

The trouble I ran into, is the same I have at home in my apartment's community laundry machines: people who do not remove their clothes from the washer/dryer when the cycle is finished. Be a good fellow passenger, please don't force me to remove your clothes.

Happy cruising!!

Archived