Does azamara offer business air upgrades?

DrJW

We are considering the Azamara cruise in Northern Europe this summer ..I note that the ship departs from Copenhagen and returns there after its voyage. Does anyone know if Azamara, like many of the other cruise lines [i.e. Oceania, Silversea, even Crystal] provide any 2 for 1 specials or free air or business air upgrade? Specially interested in the possibility of Business Class upgrades.

Also, from what I can tell the excursions that Azamara offers appear to be considerably higher in cost than the above mentioned cruise lines...is this true?

Thanks so much for any assistance you may be able to provide!

JW

We were offered business class for about 2500 each per person, with a total of 5000 above their regular rate. You might check the airfares right now not through Azamara. The airfare rates just dropped a couple of days ago. The advantage of AZ fares are that they pick you up and drop you off at airport. If you go in ahead or stay a few days after your cruise, your transferes are for not unless you use their hotels which are more than the going rate.

On a recent trip, RT coach was $1500 including transfers, and business class was $5000.

The coach deal wasn't any higher than regular fares, but you might be able to do better if you have any sort of mileage deal on business class.

One tidbit I learned was that United offers an Economy Plus section - 5 inches of extra legroom - that you can "subscribe" to for $349 per year for you and your traveling companion. This was combinable with the cruise line airfare, so it might be a reasonable alternative. The Colicky Baby section is in straight economy, so being a few rows up makes all the difference.

cheers.

SAS has a great rd-trip business class fare now ( Chgo/Copenhagen) that is $2800. We booked just prior to the fare dropping but still got a decent deal. Check it out. Good luck.

Archived