Fort Lauderdale

debbymark

I am from Ireland and we were thinking of doing a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale in October. Can soneone tell me what the weather is like at that time of year in FLL? Has anyone done a transatlanic at that time of year and Can tell me about it

Hi Debbie. Fll weather in October is very nice. I would still pack a lightweight jacker just in case it rains and get cooler at night. My son is Dublin at this minute for the parade on Tuesday with his high school band. Take care.

when is the hurricane season? rtfnl Hope your son enjoys dublin. There will be a big parade that day and plenty of partying.

Hurricane season is June through Nov. Most of the storms however are mid August and Sept., but it is very unpredictable.

I am from Ireland and we were thinking of doing a transatlantic from Fort Lauderdale in October. Can soneone tell me what the weather is like at that time of year in FLL? Has anyone done a transatlanic at that time of year and Can tell me about it

You will have wonderful weather! Since you will be in the Gulf Stream the majority of the crossing, your temps will stay around 80 degrees day and night because that will be the ocean water temps.

October is still summer for the southeast US.

Do you know know if the St Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin is going to be streamlined? It would be great to watch the Kiltie Band march. I heard from his chaperone this am that he is having a blast. They arrived this morning. I'm sorry for highjacking the thread, but i need to know and couldn't find the answer online. Thanks, Karen

Do you know know if the St Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin is going to be streamlined? It would be great to watch the Kiltie Band march. I heard from his chaperone this am that he is having a blast. They arrived this morning. I'm sorry for highjacking the thread, but i need to know and couldn't find the answer online. Thanks, Karen

From my understanding, St.Patrick's celebrations are more of an

American thing. It is a bank holiday in Ireland I'm pretty sure. An Irish friend of mine was telling me it used to be weird when Americans wanted to know what celebrations were happening for St.Patricks.

Debbie

Perhaps I`m being a bit thick here - having just come back from the pub - but I would be very interested to know which transatlantic you have in mind going west to east in October.

Its probably me not thinking straight - so please excuse me.

Kev

we too have celebrations on St Pat's day. It is a holiday so no work.

In my own small town we have bands and floats but then the younger generation go out and party. I Live In NI

Aha. My friend is from London anyway so what does he know:)

Archived