Disembarkation question, Noordam April 19

dragongirl64

I know there are likely already a gazillion questions about this, but I am a cruise newbie so please bear with me! I am travelling with my husband and two kids, aged 11 and 13, on the 10 day Roman Empire cruise on the Noordam. We arrive back in Civiticheccia port at 7:00 a.m. on April 29 and are planning to spend 3 additional days in Rome on our own. My question is this: I am not keen on having to think about packing things up the night before and trying to decide what we will all need/want for the morning so would rather keep our luggage with us and self-disembark, (we are all fit and will have wheeled luggage) especially since we are not racing to catch a flight that day. We cannot check into our Rome accomodations till after noon, at the earliest. Can we indicate that we would like to self-disembark at a later time (ie: 9:30ish) or do all people choosing this option have to leave earlier? FYI, we are in a cat. SA suite so I know we have priority disembarkation, but I hope it allows a later time for those of us who would like to not have to unnecessarily rush through the morning, especially with two kids with us:)!

Unfortunately no matter what category cabin you are in, HAL wants ALL self-disembarking off the ship first. They need to get these people off knowing that if they wait till later, the elevators will really be jammed with tons of luggage and it is already bad with people just taking their personal items like carryons off.

Unfortunately no matter what category cabin you are in, HAL wants ALL self-disembarking off the ship first. They need to get these people off knowing that if they wait till later, the elevators will really be jammed with tons of luggage and it is already bad with people just taking their personal items like carryons off.

Hmmm, I don't think I like that answer, lol! Maybe we will be doing the night before organization routine after all.....I don't want to have to be too rushed and stressed on the last morning of the cruise so guess we will have to re-think our plans. Thanks for the reply!

Archived