First 2 weeks in March-bad time to book??

DTC

I just read another thread and the writer stated the first two weeks in March should be avoided. I have booked 3-6-10 on the Liberty for my husband, myself and 14 yr old son. I thought the date was well before spring break seeing Easter isn't until April, am I wrong. I know colleges have different spring break schedules...maybe I should change my dates??

Or are we ok?

I just read another thread and the writer stated the first two weeks in March should be avoided. I have booked 3-6-10 on the Liberty for my husband, myself and 14 yr old son. I thought the date was well before spring break seeing Easter isn't until April, am I wrong. I know colleges have different spring break schedules...maybe I should change my dates??

Or are we ok?

Pretty much Februar - April is spring break for someone. Depends on who you're trying to avoid, the college kids or school age kids. There are ALWAYS kids on Carnival because of year round schools, home schooling, parents who don't mind taking the kids out of school, etc....Here's some info for this year that might give you an idea on the college breaks : http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

I don't mind children, as I have one. What I'm worried about is the drunk, loud, obnoxious college kids. We usually do All Inclusives where it states No Spring Breakers. Didn't even think about it, with the cruise. bummer.

I can't go before Feb 23 due to husband's vacation schedule and don't want to go after Easter, too warm. Now what??

I don't mind children, as I have one. What I'm worried about is the drunk, loud, obnoxious college kids. We usually do All Inclusives where it states No Spring Breakers. Didn't even think about it, with the cruise. bummer.

I can't go before Feb 23 due to husband's vacation schedule and don't want to go after Easter, too warm. Now what??

I cruised with spring breakers last year.

Did they party? Yes

Did they have fun? Yes

Were they they greatest group of kids I've ever been around? Yes

I was very proud to cruise with these young adults.

You should be ashamed of yourself to put all college kids in a lump group of drunk, loud , obnoxious college kids.

I see you're from Pewaukee WI. Does that make you a drunk, nasty, redneck, harley riden biker?

I think your cruise is a 7-day which will lessen the numbers of college kids on board, since they don't have but a week off school and sometimes limited funds, they would tend to do 3-4 day cruises. We were on a 4-day in the middle of spring break last year and there were probably 5 guys in the category you describe on board and they were actually quite entertaining. All the other 'kids' were well behaved and just having fun, which adds 'life' to the cruise. The most ill-mannered people we saw on that cruise were in the 50+ age range.

Now I remember why I gave up these forums.Why do some people get so nasty?The original poster just asked a good question.Why are cruises cheaper around this time of year.A question I ask crew members is what is it like during spring break.They say it isnt fun for them.A women I talked to said it was hell on the cruise she was on.There was yelling in the halls and some would bang on doors all night etc etc.What normal family would want to be on a ship with adults acting like children.Let the kids have fun, but that doesnt mean thats everyones idea of fun,after we have payed our hard earned money for a vacation.We all see these people acting badly on Florida beaches all the time ,so why would they be any better on a ship?I wish Carnival would have ships that time of the year for just spring breakers.Dont bother replying back to my reply,because I will not be reading your nasty comments.

WOW!! Do some people just come on these threads to rip people new ones?? Did I say ALL COLLEGE kids were like that, no. Those are just the type I'd rather not run into.

As far as your other remarks about being from Pewaukee, WI.

LOL!! you are too funny :rolleyes:

I have done a 3 night cruise in February, a 4 night and 7 night in March and a 7 night in April. All were great cruises. Everyone says Carnival is the party ship, I actually think its mild. I see more partying in our small city bars. Pick a date and go, It will be FUN!.

I cruised with spring breakers last year.

Did they party? Yes

Did they have fun? Yes

Were they they greatest group of kids I've ever been around? Yes

I was very proud to cruise with these young adults.

You should be ashamed of yourself to put all college kids in a lump group of drunk, loud , obnoxious college kids.

I see you're from Pewaukee WI. Does that make you a drunk, nasty, redneck, harley riden biker?

WOW! That should win some kind of award for the nastiest reply on CC.

Archived