Question re. SPANX

Occy

Spanx Higher Power (from under the bust to thigh)

Size B goes from 120 - 150.

Size C goes from 155 - 180.

I'm 145, and my question to anyone who wears them, sld I go for a B or a C. Do they fit very tight ? I don't want to get a C only to find they aren't "holding me in" but at the same time I don't want to get a B and feel like a sausage !!!

As you can tell, I've never purchased Spanx before and I sure wld appreciate the help of anyone that has "been there". Thx. in advance.

IMO whether you go for the B or the C, they will hold you in. Have you seen how small they look when you take them out of the package?:eek:

I have read that when you are debating between two sizes that the larger size is recommended because it minimizes the rolling of the undergarment down from under your bust. Also, I have a friend that went for the smaller size of the 2 she was debating and had to take them off because she was VERY uncomfortable. Do the stores let you try them on, like they do swimwear?

I would suggest purchasing both from Spanx.com, then return one of them. That's the best way to get the real thing, and to be sure you have the best fit. I bought the bike short style myself to wear under a couple of stretch satin dresses, but I fall into the lower end of the weight for a B.

I was going to purchase them from E-bay actually but what I may have to do, is see if I can try a pair on at a retail outlet before purchasing on line. If getting the larger size prevents rolling from under bust area, I think I may go for the C. Thx. for your advice.

I bought a pair of Spanx panties in an airport shop several weeks ago (no returns). They fit o.k. in the belly but give me a "wedgie" which was exactly what I was hoping to avoid... Into the donation bag they go!

Buy only what you can return.:(

Thx Simplelife ..... I was sort of leaning towards the "C" to be honest. Although I'm small on top and on my backside, after several operations over the past 2 years, my stomach leaves alot to be desired !!!!!

Thx. again, much appreciated.

I purchased from ebay and found one pair had a huge seam running down the front and center. It showed under my dress. I had to go buy a different brand from the local store and pay too much money.

Get the C. Go for the bigger size and practice putting them on. You have to do the Spanx Shuffle to get them on and if you aren't careful you can pull a muscle or two. I swear, ouch!

Wait until you see how they work for using the bathroom. I know some people wear them all the time, but I keep mine for special occasions. I also have the Spanx tank top which I absolutely love. I wear it often under clothing.

Get the C. Go for the bigger size and practice putting them on. You have to do the Spanx Shuffle to get them on and if you aren't careful you can pull a muscle or two. I swear, ouch!

Wait until you see how they work for using the bathroom. I know some people wear them all the time, but I keep mine for special occasions. I also have the Spanx tank top which I absolutely love. I wear it often under clothing.

LMAO! Love it and definitely agree!

I'm having trouble loving mine. I have a nice shape but a horrible pot belly. The spanx push it in, but they also push it up so that I lose the hourglass shape and look like a sausage.

Does this happen to anyone else and how do you deal with it?

Can someone please comment on how HOT the Spanx are? I am very warm (think 'menepausal'), and I'm concerned that an extra layer of fabric is going to turn me into a sweat-machine. Any info?

I don't find that I over heat at all wearing them maybe it is the "vent" at the bottom. I find they are made of a cooler fabric than regular pantyhose fabric.

As for the sausage effect I am thinking that you needed the bigger size. Mine fit fine and I am an ample apple shaped person. Gee sausage...apples now I'm getting hungry. That's so not fair.

When I was looking to by a pair, I asked at the store if I could try them on. The sales lady said, Yes we have several styles and sizes, which one would you like. I thought that was great, but once I saw them I really didn't want to try them on. They looked like everyone and their brother had tried them on.:eek: They were out of shape and stretched out. So if you do try them on make notice if they look stretched out.

Good luck

Henepup

Can someone please comment on how HOT the Spanx are? I am very warm (think 'menepausal'), and I'm concerned that an extra layer of fabric is going to turn me into a sweat-machine. Any info?

I wore mine under a full-fledged wedding gown on the beach in 80+ degree heat for at least 3 hours. Never had a problem. For being so "tight", they breathe pretty well.

Archived