Royal Caribbean Liberty vs. Carnival Liberty

cccmom

We need to decide between R.C. Liberty or Carnival Liberty for July 4 cruise (both to the Eastern Caribbean). We have 3 boys ages 16,14 and 11. They would love the Royal Caribbean flow rider, rock climbing wall, skating rink, etc. but I'm wondering if there will be so many kids wanting to do the same things that they will standing in line a lot. We have friends going on the Carnival Liberty at the same time so we are thinking about going with them. I need advice about which ship to choose. Thanks

I have not been on RCCL's Liberty but I have been on other RCCL ships, and I have been on Carnival's Liberty three times and I love her. Having said that, however, I honestly think no one does a better job of catering to teenagers than RCCL and I feel fairly sure your boys would probably enjoy the RCCL ship better than Carnival. But the Carnival Liberty has a really nice sports deck, nice pools, and a teen disco that is extremely well attended. If you have friends going on the Carnival Liberty and that is a plus for you, I can't imagine your boys NOT liking the ship.

You are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

On Liberty of the Seas, you sign up for certain time slots for the Flowrider. People fall pretty quickly, so the line moves pretty fast. The line is slower for boogie boarding because people don't fall off as quick....even though they put up a divider and run 2 at once.

As for your Carnival Liberty choice, cruising with friends is always a huge plus.

Good luck in your decision.. I'm sure you and your kids will love either one.

Archived