how many cruise ships in Cozumel is to many?

Tslammer

it looks like there will be 3 other cruise ships in Cozumel the day we are in port. If each holds 2000 people thats 8000 people that day? Does that seem like a lot? Has anyone seen more than that in one day? are there enough taxi's to get people from the beaches, or should we stick close to the ship?

Because that's how many were there the last time we visited. Keep in mind that not all ships dock in the same area. Some will be at the International Pier while others will dock downtown. There are ample cabs to transport people back and forth the short distance (3 miles or so) from downtown back to the Int'l pier.

Another thing to remember is that Cozumel is a popular port and almost impossible to miss on a W. Caribbean sailing........for repeat pax, many will stay on the ship. Besides, not everyone gets off the ship at the same time. If I can find the pic with all the ship's name, I will post it later.

it looks like there will be 3 other cruise ships in Cozumel the day we are in port. If each holds 2000 people thats 8000 people that day? Does that seem like a lot? Has anyone seen more than that in one day? are there enough taxi's to get people from the beaches, or should we stick close to the ship?

Last week there were 6 ships in port at the same time. I did not notice that it was crowded in town. The more people, the less the street hawkers bothered me.

I've seen more than 10 ships there at the same time on more than one occasion. Yes, it does get a bit crazy, but the town seems to be able to handle it. It's lots of fun watching people trying to get back to their ships on time. :D

I've also seen as many as 8, but it really depends on what you're doing when you get there. If you get away from the port and the shopping that's right there, there's plenty of room to handle the crowds. Even when some ships deposit 3000-4000 passengers each. But I've seen the same number of ships at Grand Cayman, and it's all tendering there. At least in Coz, there are different piers where there are ships docked and a few tendering too. In GC, it seems like every ship tendered to the same small area.

You all eased my mind.... Now I wont have to drink so much on the way there, to relieve my anxiety... now what other reasons can I think of to have a couple extra's. he he.. 2 more weeks...

Thanks again,

Tslammer

Archived