Port Canaveral as a port-of-call

thomarvin

I was wondering if anyone has been to Port canaveral as a port of call not an embarkation point.

Just wondering is there are cabs there like in the other ports so you can go to kennedy Space center. And is it a long cab ride and can you get back to the ship without much trouble. I am sure we can do it cheaper than what Carnival wants to charge if we do it on our own.

I was wondering if anyone has been to Port canaveral as a port of call not an embarkation point.

Just wondering is there are cabs there like in the other ports so you can go to kennedy Space center. And is it a long cab ride and can you get back to the ship without much trouble. I am sure we can do it cheaper than what Carnival wants to charge if we do it on our own.

You also might ask in the NCL boards as one of their ships calls at Port Canaveral.

Ed

I have gone on ships going out of port canaveral so I know for a fact that you can rent a car from budget rac and avis. They have a free shuttle to and from ship but you might waste too much time doing this. Even if you confirm a rental from Avis, there might not be a car for you. They did this to me two times now. I would prefer budget. Each place is about a mile or so away. I don't know how far kennedy is so I don't know how much a taxi would cost but I have rented a car from budget for about $30 a day.

I have already reserved a car from Avis for our Pride cruise in November. We are planning a day trip to Disney.

Avis tells me that there is a shuttle service from the port to their terminal (about 3 miles away) The shuttle (free) is available from 7:30am to 6pm M-F.

They suggest that I contact customer service prior to sailing to confirm everything. (This was done all by e-mail)

Oliver

I have also heard on here that you can contact you local congressman (or woman) for free tickets to the Space Center... can't hurt to try.

Does anybody know anything about this? I'm traveling with two kids, on a budget, but they'd LOVE to go to Kennedy Space Center. If anyone can confirm this, I'd write to my congressman and ask for tickets...

Archived