taking fruit onboard for departure party

Hi,

Just wondering if we can buy some fruit and cheeses in San Diego and take it aboard for our sailaway party?

I know we can't take food off in ports but does departure make it different?

Thanks

I don't know the exact answer to your question, since I've never tried to take fruit or cheese onto a ship.

You can order fruit and cheese through room service (although I may be incorrect, I don't recall if room service is available at embarkation). Or, you can get fruit and cheese from the buffet and bring it back to your cabin. Or, the most expensive way would be to pre-order a fruit and cheese tray in advance, through gifts and gear.

After I posted, I looked at your sig and I see you are Diamond C & A, so my answer is not really news to you!

I'd call RCI and ask what their policy is regarding bringing fruit and cheese onboard. I'd almost say the cheese would be fine, the fruit would be the questionable item.

+1. I really don't know why anyone would feel the need to bring food ABOARD a cruise ship.:confused:

Well they probably have it in their mind to have fruit and cheese at their little party, and there aren't nice chunks of cheese in the Windjammer, nor is there any fruit except bananas, green apples and oranges...not exactly good "fruit and cheese" fruit.

OP I think you're just gonna have to celebrate with a different type of food from the Windjammer. :)

I called today and the woman that I spoke to said you can't bring any food or drink aboard. I dont believe this because I always bring my own cases of soda and water aboard. As far as fruit I have never tried but I do know a couple who brought fruit on from Pike's Market in Seattle and they were not stopped....

Archived