Last day fun on the Celebration

I joined my recent Celebration cruise at Grand Canary so was already aboard when over 800 new passengers arrived at Tenerife. The next day was my last and as I relaxed waiting for my late flight home I did some people watching. Lots of people looking lost whilst seeking the pointy end or whatever and you should have heard the moaning!

This is nothing like P&O - correct its Thomsons, no snobs :D

My cabins too hot - adjust the air con

This rooms too cold (from husband in show lounge at 8am)

Do they call this afternoon tea? On P&O they serve you - go to explorers lounge where they DO serve you.

The Lido restaurant is just like a motorway cafe - Mmm, 10 am is not the best time to get your brekkie, 7 am is much more relaxed, or use the Meridian waiter service.

This treacle pudding is not like at home - never mind, have another 5 pieces

etc

etc

Funny how some people go into automatic 'Meldrew' mode

Happy Cruising :D

I joined my recent Celebration cruise at Grand Canary so was already aboard when over 800 new passengers arrived at Tenerife. The next day was my last and as I relaxed waiting for my late flight home I did some people watching. Lots of people looking lost whilst seeking the pointy end or whatever and you should have heard the moaning!

This is nothing like P&O - correct its Thomsons, no snobs :D

My cabins too hot - adjust the air con

This rooms too cold (from husband in show lounge at 8am)

Do they call this afternoon tea? On P&O they serve you - go to explorers lounge where they DO serve you.

The Lido restaurant is just like a motorway cafe - Mmm, 10 am is not the best time to get your brekkie, 7 am is much more relaxed, or use the Meridian waiter service.

This treacle pudding is not like at home - never mind, have another 5 pieces

etc

etc

Funny how some people go into automatic 'Meldrew' mode

Happy Cruising :D

Amusing reading!

I too have just come back from this cruise, my first on the Celebration and also 1st with Thomson. I will be posting my comments about the trip later this week, many of which have surprised myself! I have previously cruised with Fred Olsen and P&O but just wanted to make the following quick comments:

I am NOT a snob!

The Lido was hideous, I never once saw it quiet and relaxing in there, but as you say use the Meridian.

We also found many public areas very cold, too much air con!

Who wants treacle pud on hols anyway????:D:confused:

As I say I will post about my trip and hope it will help anyone thinking of going on a Thomsons cruise

Archived