Letter to Research Department

Fat Boy

I've written a letter to Carnival requesting a refund for a canceled booking for one of the seven staterooms on our Fantasy sailing. I was told I need to send it to the research department. I have a brick and mortar address, but I prefer doing things via e-mail. Does anyone know how I would go about getting this letter to the right people?

Thanks!

I've written a letter to Carnival requesting a refund for a canceled booking for one of the seven staterooms on our Fantasy sailing. I was told I need to send it to the research department. I have a brick and mortar address, but I prefer doing things via e-mail. Does anyone know how I would go about getting this letter to the right people?

Thanks!

Huh??????

Thanks!

Certified mail. Photocopy the letter, pay for the service at the post office and then when you get the name of the person who signed for the letter, you can harass them. :D

Were you past the no penalty cancellation date? If they said you need to write a letter and mail it to the offices, I would do that. What you prefer doesn't matter much, it's up to them to refund or not. So I'd go with what they are requesting. Most business still prefer to have hard copies of vital information, not emails.

Thanks!

How can the "Research Department" be of any help to you? I truly doubt there even is a "Research Department". What would they research?

Anytime you want someone to actually reply to you with the information you want, especially when it comes to money, send them a snail mail.

Loaded question :eek: Did you have insurance?

Yes, there is a Research Department. Just because not everyone has heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I wrote to them for help with something and had great results.

If they asked you to write to the Research Department, then do that.

Why would you ask CC people rather than just follow the instructions you had been given by the people you will be dealing with? :confused:

Yes, there is a Research Department. Just because not everyone has heard of it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I wrote to them for help with something and had great results.

If they asked you to write to the Research Department, then do that.

Why would you ask CC people rather than just follow the instructions you had been given by the people you will be dealing with? :confused:

I supposed I asked because I thought there might be a better way. I've found more often than not that instructions to send a letter to some bogus sounding department via standard U.S. mail is usually someones way of making something disappear. Obviously, some others on this board had similar thoughts. It's good to hear confirmation that there really is such a deparment.

In this case, the letter is about one of my family members who had to bail out on our family cruise on the Fantasy last month. It's a long story, so unless anyone really wants to know, I'll forego the details.

I guess I'll send the letter to the address that the PVP gave me and hope for the best. In your dealings, how long did it take to get a response from the Research Department?

Thanks,

Fat Boy

I don't even remember. And I think I faxed it, and it was taken care of in a few days, but it was something about an upcoming cruise, not something in the past.

It probably wouldn't hurt to send a copy to the "regular" customer service address provided above (although they would probably just forward it to whomever gets the pleasure of reviewing these situations).

Again, good luck and I hope they'll work with you on a resolution. Please let us know how it turns out.

You are trying to get a refund for a cruise that's already taken place? I don't think I've ever heard of that happening, good luck getting it resolved.

I'm not trying to get a refund for a cruise. I gladly parted ways with my money for a very wonderful trip, and will certainly do so again (already booked another one!).

In this case, I'm trying to get a refund for a family member who claims to have canceled their cruise before the final payment date. Carnival says they didn't. I can't prove either one of their cases, but since I booked it and paid the deposit with my own credit card, I'm stuck in the middle.

I tried a few times to get resolution before the cruise. Finally, someone in customer service told me I had to wait until after the sailing and send a letter to the research department. Apparently, Carnival needs to research whether or not this family member really did cancel in time to get their deposit back. Their computers don't have record of her calling before the deadline, but they do show me calling four days later.

I work in consumer protection and we ALWAYS recommend writing a letter, mailing it certified, return receipt requested, and ALWAYS keep copies of all correspondence. A paper trail is your best friend under such circumstances.

I work in consumer protection and we ALWAYS recommend writing a letter, mailing it certified, return receipt requested, and ALWAYS keep copies of all correspondence. A paper trail is your best friend under such circumstances.

And I cc the letter to more than one dept just to make sure more than one party has received it, that is if I am not sending it certified.

This sounds like excellent advice.

Doesn't your relative have a cancellation number? Customers are always given (ok 99% of the time) a cancellation number and the name of the person they contacted. Does your relative have anything to back it up? If not, it sounds pretty sketchy to me. I've cancelled before and gotten a cancellation number, just as you get a booking number when you make the reservation.

Doesn't your relative have a cancellation number? Customers are always given (ok 99% of the time) a cancellation number and the name of the person they contacted. Does your relative have anything to back it up? If not, it sounds pretty sketchy to me. I've cancelled before and gotten a cancellation number, just as you get a booking number when you make the reservation.

She didn't have a cancellation number and didn't note the name of the person she spoke to. When I called, four days later (when they officially canceled it), I wasn't given a cancellation number either. I do agree that it sounds sketchy on the surface, but the person in question is a trustworthy person, and she did tell me right after the deadline that she had canceled it (which is why I called in a couple days later).

I dug up a fax number for the research department. Hopefully I'll hear something from them in the next couple days. Maybe it won't get me anywhere, but maybe it will... These people canceled because money was too tight to justify a cruise. Being out that $200 right before Christmas didn't help. If it comes right down to it, I'll probably refund their money and chalk it up to bad group management on my part (I probably should've verified everything was good the week BEFORE the final payment date).

I've certainly learned not to put together a family gathering myself. Next time, I'll tell everyone where I've booked myself, and whether they're on board is their problem.

She didn't have a cancellation number and didn't note the name of the person she spoke to. When I called, four days later (when they officially canceled it), I wasn't given a cancellation number either. I do agree that it sounds sketchy on the surface, but the person in question is a trustworthy person, and she did tell me right after the deadline that she had canceled it (which is why I called in a couple days later).

I dug up a fax number for the research department. Hopefully I'll hear something from them in the next couple days. Maybe it won't get me anywhere, but maybe it will... These people canceled because money was too tight to justify a cruise. Being out that $200 right before Christmas didn't help. If it comes right down to it, I'll probably refund their money and chalk it up to bad group management on my part (I probably should've verified everything was good the week BEFORE the final payment date).

I've certainly learned not to put together a family gathering myself. Next time, I'll tell everyone where I've booked myself, and whether they're on board is their problem.

Sounds like excelent advice for the future.

This is the information I have for the SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT contact information that may help you. Two different contact points you may try.

Carnival Cruise Lines

ATT: Research Supervisor

Reservations Administration MSRZ-250s

3655 N.W. 87 Ave

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number 305-406-6477

Research Department Extention 70041

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions Administration Supervisor

" address SAA "

Tel-800-438-6744 ext 70041

Fax 305-406-6477

Hope this helps!

This is the information I have for the SHAREHOLDER BENEFIT contact information that may help you. Two different contact points you may try.

Carnival Cruise Lines

ATT: Research Supervisor

Reservations Administration MSRZ-250s

3655 N.W. 87 Ave

Miami, FL 33178-2428

Fax Number 305-406-6477

Research Department Extention 70041

Carnival Cruise Lines

Guest Solutions Administration Supervisor

" address SAA "

Tel-800-438-6744 ext 70041

Fax 305-406-6477

Hope this helps!

Thanks, BoilerTech! I'm going to give it a couple days on that number I faxed the letter to. If no response, I'll bark up this tree instead!

Sorry man, but I had to break out and LAUGH, Research Dept :D

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, Fl. 33178-2428

305-599-2600

Fred

I received a letter from Carnival on our last cruise, giving us a discount on our next one....we have to send the letter to the research coordinator

• 7 months later...

I know this is an age-old thread, but I thought I'd go ahead and update...

I did write a letter to Carnival, mailed it in, and about a month later I got a letter back. They replied that the records did not indicate that my friend was due anything because they didn't cancel within the allowed window, but as an act of goodwill, Carnival would split the deposit with her. They gave her a cruise credit good for two years. True to their word, I just booked this friend on my wife's February girls-cruise, and Carnival applied the cruise credit to the booking.

What I've learned..

A) It never hurts to ask.

B) Carnival may have it's faults, but in the end, they're good people.

I know this is an age-old thread, but I thought I'd go ahead and update...

I did write a letter to Carnival, mailed it in, and about a month later I got a letter back. They replied that the records did not indicate that my friend was due anything because they didn't cancel within the allowed window, but as an act of goodwill, Carnival would split the deposit with her. They gave her a cruise credit good for two years. True to their word, I just booked this friend on my wife's February girls-cruise, and Carnival applied the cruise credit to the booking.

What I've learned..

A) It never hurts to ask.

B) Carnival may have it's faults, but in the end, they're good people.

How about posting your FAX number for the Research Department (and any address provided on their correspondence)?? thanks, Ken

How about posting your FAX number for the Research Department (and any address provided on their correspondence)?? thanks, Ken

Every department at Carnival has a mail stop code added to the regular Carnival address. In the case of Reservation Administration (RES ADMIN), the mail stop code is:

Carnival Cruise Lines

3655 N.W. 87 Ave

Miami, FL 33178-2428

MSRZ-250s

This ensures that all correspondence is delivered to the correct department.

And YES, Carnival requires ORIGINAL letters for any request for refunds or complaints mailed to Res Admin. When you call to submit a complaint or request, they will tell you to send it via REGULAR mail. They normally dont give out the FAX number for these requests, however if you do get your hands on the FAX number and send it that way, your request will either get lost, or you may be contacted informing you to send it via regular mail...

Archived