Car Rental ? - FLL to Miami

tjeffrey

I have read a lot emails regarding renting cars in FLL and returning to Miami. I am sorry if this has already been answered, but I am unsure or more confused now.

I have called most of the car rental 1-800's to compare pricing. Budget had the best price for a 1 day mini van rental, it was over $40 less. Can you please tell me how much a taxi would be for 6 people to the Miami pier from the Budget office at SW 8th St. We are cruising with Carnival. I want to make sure that it doesn't cost use more for the taxi then the savings, if so, I will book with a rental company that offers free shuttle.

Thank you,

We will be doing the exact same thing Jeff, renting a car from FLL and dropping at the 8th street location.

Can anyone tell us what to expect to pay for cab fare to the cruise port from there?

:)

have done a few times and doing next month.

Flying into FLL the day before, picking up rental (budget), returning the car to their MIA location the next day, then taking their free shuttle to the POM.

When we return and debark we catch their shuttle to the MIA location, pick up rental, drive to their FLL location (same day) drop off rental, upstairs and catch flight home:(. We just rent for the 24hr period and drop car off when ready that day to fly home.

Using the Budget code someone posted, we were able to do this pretty cheaply than anything else that I had research (YMMV).

Thank you for your reply, but when I called Budget they said they do not have a free shuttle to the port. Which location are you dropping at? I called the SW 8th Street location and they said they no longer have shuttle service, I would have to take a taxi, he didn't know the cost but it was only a 10 minute ride.

I also fund a great rate with Alamo which has free shuttle from the airport, has anyone used this lately and if so what is the best time to arrive at the airport?

Thank you for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived