What do most people spend

PK4SC

Air $2700

Hotel Vancouver -free

Cruise Jr. Suite - $4600 (Have $850 onboard credit)

Excursions on board $1600

Car $800 PLUS gas

Princess Kenai (Cooper Landing) 2 nights $358

Marriott $240/ night x 2 nights

Princess Denali $450 2 nights

Land excursions $450 Whitewater, Denali Tour $150, Bikes $80

Not accounted for land based meals, souvenirs and gas.

It comes in over $10,000.

These are our plans. Your plans/opinions may differ. And it's almost all paid for already, which feels GREAT!

Karen

My Cost as Single Traveller for 10 day cruise:

Air to Seattle $240

Transfers to/from Vancouver $60 (free Amtrak from rewards points one-way; quick shuttle on return + bus fares & cabs)

2 Nights in Seattle $85 (one pre-cruise at airport hotel, one post-cruise at hostel)

Cruise + Tips - $150 OBC $1510

Excursions $575 (nothing super pricey, but 6 ports of independently booked tours)

Seattle Food & Lunch in Port $95 (assuming I eat lightly in port 3 days and return to ship the other 3 days)

TOTAL = $2565

This would be much more expensive, but I am planning on getting by cheaply in Seattle since I know I will be treated like a queen on the cruise itself :) I am estimating the cab fare to Ballantyne Pier & the amount I will spend on food in Seattle/snacks in port, but otherwise the other numbers are accurate. Probably throw another $10 or so for postcards and postage, but I don't really buy souvenirs, preferring photos/video. If I am lucky enough for a price drop in my cruise fare, I will spend that on a spa treatment on a sea day, but otherwise I don't really spend onboard (don't drink).

Air to Seattle $240

Transfers to/from Vancouver $60 (free Amtrak from rewards points one-way; quick shuttle on return + bus fares & cabs)

2 Nights in Seattle $85 (one pre-cruise at airport hotel, one post-cruise at hostel)

Excursions $575 (nothing super pricey, but 6 ports of independently booked tours)

Seattle Food & Lunch in Port $95 (assuming I eat lightly in port 3 days and return to ship the other 3 days)

TOTAL = $2565

This would be much more expensive, but I am planning on getting by cheaply in Seattle since I know I will be treated like a queen on the cruise itself :) I am estimating the cab fare to Ballantyne Pier & the amount I will spend on food in Seattle/snacks in port, but otherwise the other numbers are accurate. Probably throw another $10 or so for postcards and postage, but I don't really buy souvenirs, preferring photos/video. If I am lucky enough for a price drop in my cruise fare, I will spend that on a spa treatment on a sea day, but otherwise I don't really spend onboard (don't drink).

Way to go. Ours averages to $2500 pp for 2 weeks. We didn't do anything in the air, but tried to have some fun with our teen boys. (Read increase the food budget on the land side!)

Karen

Air to Seattle $240

TOTAL = $2565

Only a heads up, but you are underestimating your transfer costs. It will run you around $45+++ in cabs, to get to Vancouver dock then another $35++ downtown Seattle to Seatac, plus the Quick Shuttle cost. There is the city bus from Seatac, which I have always used, that will cut back significantly.

We aren't planning a long tour - only an extra day in Anchorage and 2 in Vancouver.

Cruise - 1550

Airfare + insurance - 1100

Van City Hotel - 150

Anchorage Hotel - 150

food off cruiseship - 300

transportation to and from ship - 200

excursions - 400

spending - 300

We figure with extras we aren't expecting but know will come up, we're looking at about 4500$ for the two of us.

Only a heads up, but you are underestimating your transfer costs. It will run you around $45+++ in cabs, to get to Vancouver dock then another $35++ downtown Seattle to Seatac, plus the Quick Shuttle cost. There is the city bus from Seatac, which I have always used, that will cut back significantly.

Thanks BQ - Northbound I am planning on Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver (bus in Seattle to Amtrak station) but I read on these boards a cab from the Amtrak station in Vancouver to Ballantyne Pier was approx. $15 - was that a huge underestimate? Southbound I am assuming I can grab Quick Shuttle direct from the pier to downtown Seattle, and from there a bus to the hotel and bus to airport the next day.

Thanks BQ - Northbound I am planning on Amtrak from Seattle to Vancouver (bus in Seattle to Amtrak station) but I read on these boards a cab from the Amtrak station in Vancouver to Ballantyne Pier was approx. $15 - was that a huge underestimate? Southbound I am assuming I can grab Quick Shuttle direct from the pier to downtown Seattle, and from there a bus to the hotel and bus to airport the next day.

From Seatac to downtown is in the $35 range for a cab. This was basing on your use back and forth. First time, to Amtrak station, then return from Seattle lodging to airport. Just going with a general comment, thinking your "bus" was the Quick Shuttle reference.

I spent just over $15,000 for my husband, myself, and my young adult daughter and 16 year old son. This includes airfare from Texas, 5 night land tour, 7 days on a southbound Princess ship, zip lining, salmon fishing, renting a car in Skagway, all foods and drinks and spending money. We had a mini suite and an inside cabin (guess who got which :) ).Renting a car in Skagway was a lot of fun and one of th cheapest excursions we did.

We were going to go on a helicopter ride and land on a glacier but it was canceled. :(

We had a wonderful time. Yes, it was expensive but I figure it will probably be the last vacation we all take as a family and I wanted it to be special.

Wow .. I was challenged to find an inexpensive cruise package for a group of teachers (god bless them) and after looking at everyone's trip costs, I feel pretty good about what I found .. maybe some more experienced travelers can make comments or suggestions about how I can make this better:

Airfare on Horizon air (from Reno, NV) Round Trip $491 per person

Cruise - Carnival Spirit (Northern Itinerary .. the r/t from Vancouver was less .. but the ports weren't as good) $962 balcony or $652 inside per person

1 night hotel in Vancouver - $105 CAD

Transfers in Vancouver - $9.00 per person (CAD) for a charter van

Archived