13NOV04 Grand Princess

Oma24boys

Here is a link to a couple of photos I took while on the Grand...

http://community.webshots.com/user/rekregel

We did enjoy the cruise...I don't think I will do a 4 port 7-day cruise again. Just a little too busy for me! We got to Belize late and our excursion ran into the dark...we did the cave-tubing. Our walk through the jungle was during dusk and our cave-tubing was in the dark...so, when we did get to openings we were undable to see the sites.:o But, Princess did step up and refunded 50% of the tour...we did get to do it so 100% was not necessary though in the letter they gave us the option to further pursue the issue.

The other stops were good. We were able to shop and go to 7-mile beach in Grand Cayman...our snorkeling with the stingrays was cancelled due to the seas. But, we still had fun.

For a first on the Princess I was not disappointed...there was something that did not give me the zing that RCCL gave me but I would book Princess again. It could be the rush of 4 ports but I have not been able to really pinpoint what it was that my RCCL cruises had that Princess did not. Not putting Princess down because as I stated before I still would book Princess again and would refer Princess to friends.

I will be happy to answer any questions...if I can.

C752 was a very nice balcony room...we rarely heard from our next door neighbors. They were either on the larger deck or did not get out much. I loved being off the main walkway...it was like we had our own hallway. During the muster drill we exited our room and turned directly left and went to the 7th floor via a "hidden" staircase. The room is a bit small compared to RCCL but not unpleasant. I did miss having the little cubbies at the desk/vantity area that RCCL had so much of my makeup and things were scattered on the top. Again, nothing to ruin a cruise. I especially loved hearing the ocean outside and listening to Deep Blue (the caribbean band) from our room. Even the thunderstorm in the early morning of our disembarkation day was wonderful. It was our first balcony room so I have nothing to compare it to. Our friends were on the Aloha and Baja decks and there is a noticble difference in deck sizes. You can definetely have a nice breakfast, lunch or dnner on the balcony. The tables are little but with the 2 extra chairs I think it's workable. I would book this room again.

Did your friend's get a refund on their dark ATV adventure?

Archived