beer in cans??

extcat

Nobody cares what you are drinking. We took 2 and a half cases of Bud Light cans. I'd carry a bucket full of them from my cabin to the Lido deck and the waiters would fill me up with ice when I ran low. Really, nobody will give you a second look.

How does one take 2.5 cases of beer? This would mean an extra suitcase, but would be so helpful to the overall huge bar bill. We've taken other liquor before in small flasks but never a ton of beer like that...

Folks: They don't have beer police on Carnival Cruise ships! It is against the rules to bring your own beer or liquor on board, but the crew will not confiscate your cold one if they see you drinking the wrong brand of beer on board.

Bring whatever beer you want. I do, however suggest a coozie cup to hold your beer. Not to hid the lable, but to keep your Coors cold!

Planning to bring some beer with me. What kind in cans do they sell to blend in?

Take whatever you prefer. You will see from the posts below (actually above since mines at the bottom now) that if asked most people have no clue what's actually served onboard. Your fellow passengers won't even notice. The staff won't care either. Some people pick up some of the local beers and bring them back onboard without any issues (hit or miss).

I have read in this thread that glass is not allowed in the Lido deck and I see that Corona was in the bar pic. I was not aware that Corona made a plastic bottle. Do they?

If you purchase Corona (or any of the other bottles beers) at a Lido bar the bartender will pour the bottle into a plastic cup. If you order a bucket of Corona, the bartender will pour all bottles into cups and place them in a bucket. :eek:

If you order a bucket of Corona, the bartender will pour all bottles into cups and place them in a bucket. :eek:

Wow.

Does any one think it would be a problem if you went on the Lido deck with a 12" x 12" colapsable cooler, and lets say they had a few Coronas in them, and they were drinking them out of a plastic cup? :)

If Carnival employees see glass bottles on the open sundecks they will ask you to remove them. It doesn't matter if it is a glass Corona bottle or a glass Coke bottle. It is a safety concern. Broken glass is a hazard.

Corona is sold in cans. You may need to hunt around for them but they are available. Perhaps bringing cans would solve the dilemma.

48news9d.jpg

Archived