beer in cans??

extcat

i have never seen cans on board.

2652283900080888825s600x600q85.jpg

labatt blue, amstel light, coors light (standard can, not silver bullet), guinness, boddington's, foster's oil can, beck's, heineken, heineken light

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:d:d

but, i do think they stop serving some of the cans when they leave port. for example, i think they stop serving the 12 oz coors light at sailaway and start serving the 16 oz plastic bottles.

but i haven't been a coors light drinker in awhile so i don't know if this is still the practice.

[and my, oh my, there seems to be a lot of beer threads today, but impt to note: all of which were started by others lol.:p]

Well... this may be an exception, but the only cruise I've been on to date was with the Sterling Marlin fanclub - for those of you who are not familiar with NASCAR, Sterling for many years was the driver of the #40 Coors Light Silver Bullet car. And believe me, there were PLENTY of cold Coors cans available. My DH and I still laugh about our bar bill - BEER BUCKET, BEER BUCKET, BEER BUCKET, BEER BUCKET.....:D

but, i do think they stop serving some of the cans when they leave port. for example, i think they stop serving the 12 oz coors light at sailaway and start serving the 16 oz plastic bottles.

but i haven't been a coors light drinker in awhile so i don't know if this is still the practice.

[and my, oh my, there seems to be a lot of beer threads today, but impt to note: all of which were started by others lol.:p]

Drink menu lists Coors Light at $3.75, so it must be 12 ounce cans the entire cruise.

Just bring a koozee that fits over your can or buy a DOTD and use the "souvenier" cup to pour your beer in in your room before going on deck. You can bring in craft beers like Dales Pale Ale that way. If you're going to drink big beer, and don't want to pay cruise prices, buy the brands in the pic in plastic bottles.

Once you have your smuggled goods on board, no one cares how you consume it. You can drink your smuggled beer in your Lido lounger in plain sight. Just don't bring glass bottles or glass containers on the Lido deck. You do not need to bring or buy a mug. If you want to bring or buy a mug that is your choice. You can ask for a beer glass at any bar or ask for a plastic cup at a Lido bar. A tip would be nice. :)

Hiya TC, they do have the cans throughout the cruise, believe me. :D :eek:

we drank cans of miller light and budlight all cruise long and no one said anything! sometimes they had drink koozies and sometimes they didn't. nobody cares. we were sitting right by carnival employees on the lido deck and pulled them right out of our coolers. get whatever beer you like and you'll be fine

Where do I purchase plastic beer bottles?

Down here it's hit or miss, some stores have them and some don't. I would think any larger liqouur store would have them. I found DW some Lite last cruise, but I just pack the regular Coors cans and have never had a problem. ;)

at any bar.

LMAO!

Yst is absolutely correct. No need to hide it, they really don't care once on board. Keep the glass off of lido and personally I wouldn't set my own down on a bar, but otherwise don't sweat it.

Of course, you can always buy any of the better beers they have and bring it with you: Guinness, Bodd's, Bass, Pils Urquell all are readily available at any beer supplier in cans/bottles.

Nobody cares what you are drinking. We took 2 and a half cases of Bud Light cans. I'd carry a bucket full of them from my cabin to the Lido deck and the waiters would fill me up with ice when I ran low. Really, nobody will give you a second look.

Thanks to all. Coors light or Labatts blue will do.

They are not bad, but give Pilsner Urquell or Boddington's a try. They are both on the light side, but with so much more flavor. Pilsner Urquell is a Czech style lager that American Pilsners are styled after, but so much better. Boddington's is an English ale, but nitro-charged for less fizz and a smooth taste (no carbonic bite).

They are not bad, but give Pilsner Urquell or Boddington's a try. They are both on the light side, but with so much more flavor. Pilsner Urquell is a Czech style lager that American Pilsners are styled after, but so much better. Boddington's is an English ale, but nitro-charged for less fizz and a smooth taste (no carbonic bite).

I have to agree with you....I'm not a fan of Boddington's during my daily drankin' but in the sun on the Lido during a sea day :) I'ts pretty darn close to perfection. :D

I have to agree with you....I'm not a fan of Boddington's during my daily drankin' but in the sun on the Lido during a sea day :) I'ts pretty darn close to perfection. :D

Yeah, me too. I drink it mainly because it's the least undesirable of the beers that Carnival offers.

Another option for the heat is a black and tan using Bud Light *cringe* instead of Bass. Really not a bad trade-off, and drinkability is awesome!

Archived